People Asking for Donations.

ShadowsOfWar

Iron Miner
I've been playing Survival lots recently and I've come across lots of people spamming the chat asking for $1 or $5k donations, and even after me (and other people) asking them to go earn money themselfs or to be quiet they just continue asking and i find it a bit annoying. But what makes it worse was that though they were (sort of) spamming the chat with "Can i have $1?" or "Can i have a $5k donation plzzz" i saw none of them being muted.
Is it just me who thinks that people like this should be muted more often?
2016-07-28_20.24.12.png 2016-07-28_20.15.12.png

Last edited:

Magnesium_Fire

First Step
Ive seen people do this on ZombieV also, even though we told them that we dont think you can even donate money on that game. I can deal with it and let it fly for the most part, but sometimes it just makes chat go to fast and nobody can say anything. please try to fix this problem.

Thnx for reading

iLukeee

Zombie Killer
Spam is lots of messages in a short amount of time. I can see how you find it irritating, and the players can be warned if they continuously ask and be annoying. However muting would be a bit extreme if the messages are just asking once in a while. If it really irritates you, you can disable chat :)

OP
OP
ShadowsOfWar

ShadowsOfWar

Iron Miner
I do see what your saying, but none of them (especially darkthundr) got even a warning - what i'm saying is that i want staff to be more aware of the situation and to keep an eye out for spam, the first image did show darkthundr was chatting lots, 4 times in a row in fact, but player told him not to but he did continue for a solid 5 minutes.

**EDIT** I just got disconnected from the server, join back on and the first chat message i saw was "Can someone donate 1k to me plz".

BrokenSoapx

Tree Puncher
Spam is lots of messages in a short amount of time. I can see how you find it irritating, and the players can be warned if they continuously ask and be annoying. However muting would be a bit extreme if the messages are just asking once in a while. If it really irritates you, you can disable chat :)
Or, is there a command on this server, /ignore (player)?

iLukeee

Zombie Killer
I do see what your saying, but none of them (especially darkthundr) got even a warning - what i'm saying is that i want staff to be more aware of the situation and to keep an eye out for spam, the first image did show darkthundr was chatting lots, 4 times in a row in fact, but player told him not to but he did continue for a solid 5 minutes.

**EDIT** I just got disconnected from the server, join back on and the first chat message i saw was "Can someone donate 1k to me plz".
I tend to warn people via message and not through chat (as all these colours in chat makes it hard to distinguish my name!) Also just as @BrokenSoapx said, there is an /ignore command for those who decide to spam chat with that. (Also places like survival, I spend lots of time in the Nether where I'm added to a few spawners, and those who don't shout, I cannot see the messages in chat. I also spend a bit of time afk too) People are joining and leaving the community the whole time, so even if I do warn those who decide to do it, it'll be an ongoing thing, and there's not much we can do about it. I can definitely look out for it more in the future.

OP
OP
ShadowsOfWar

ShadowsOfWar

Iron Miner
Ok thank you! - And yes, i will use /ignore to players if more happens!