Problems with hoppers or tick timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sman1985

First Step
So I have been playing here a while and it seems something is wrong with the way hoppers or the ticks work on the server. I am not sure if it is something that has been modified server side to slow ticks or if the server is just lagging. I have built an auto forge so I can do other stuff while it smelts real fast.

The way a hopper chain should work is there should be one item moving though each hopper at a time till it reaches the final destination. You can see from the video and the comparators that not all the hoppers have a continuous flow of items. The hoppers will take 3 items and run them though all the hoppers before it sends a new batch of 3. It should be sending a continuous flow of 1 at a time. Normally it wouldn't make a huge issue but for many builds it is game breaking.

For my smelter instead of having all the items go into one forge there is a system to distribute the ore evenly so it cooks faster. No point in having multiple forges if they all go into one forge anyways. Since the hoppers don't work the way they are intended everything flows into 1 forge on the front or 1 forge on the end depending on how I set it up. Until the large amount of space in the hoppers and chest that I use is full only 1 forge will light.

Any help fixing this issue would be appreciated. I did notice this on several other builds as well so it's not just this one thing.

Mine:

How it should work:

It does work on other servers and in offline mode so no it hasn't changed since the new version launch.

OP
OP
S

Sman1985

First Step
Ok, so I found out what my problem is. Seems there is a block on redstone clocks where they only work for a couple ticks. (confirmed from the owner) It seems that is also messes with the way hoppers work because of ticks between them. If you are like me and love redstone stuff you can't do a lot of that here. I wish it would be reconsidered. I know people use it for afk things and it causes server strain but it also make the game interesting when you can build giant machines like the furnace above. It helps sort items and fuel into furnaces equally so you don't need to load a billion items to get your furnaces to all kick on. Anyways if you feel like me give it a shout in the forums. If enough people voice their opinions maybe they will reconsider. If nothing else at least people will know before they spend 200k on hoppers that don't make much of a difference at all.

TheCaptainBurito

Skeleton Slayer
Redstone clocks just don't work on snapcraft..... very frustrating.

_PaniK

Zombie Killer
@Twiggy @Maarten Advice as myself has been having this simple problem with furnaces and hoppers myself on Factions (For a auto grinder).

Status
Not open for further replies.