Should a Reform to fishing be made?

• Mcmmo for fishing should stack less! We ain't need no plugin!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weaponz

First Step
PETITION FOR FISHIN'
-Weaponz​

Sup Guys, Sorry I wrote an essay, lol. It’s just that I’m very passionate about making fishing fun and relevant again, and I’m trying to find a solution to the problem of the stacked mcmmo leveling system which deters players away from fishing. If you don’t want to read this behemoth of an essay, scroll down to the tl;dr portion to explain the main points of this informal argumentative paper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FISHING REFORM IS NECESSARY
-Weaponz​
Hello All,

This is Weaponz typing, and I want to bring up the problem with Fishing on the server (especially in Economy Survival). Fishing on this server is dead, plain and simple. If it were possible to add a new plugin, this could fix this issue; however, if we leave things as they are, then fishing is done for -- as it has been. I think it’s the server’s fault that fishing became boring. I'm not saying I don't like this server, it’s just that there are some things that I don't think are necessary. Fishing is one of the most underrated activities on the server due to a multitude of problems, like Mcmmo leveling in fishing is comparatively harder than other skills to level up, fishing doesn't have an incentive, and that fishing can be boring at most times because of the time it takes to fish.

Mcmmo Leveling of Fishing:

Mcmmo leveling in this server, from what I've seen, stacks every level. Leveling swords and axes is pretty simple, just *click click click*, and boom you level; however, with fishing, until you're at least level 125, it takes at least on average 30 seconds to 3 minutes to at least get one fish. In my experience, it took me about 3 weeks of server time -- fishing for about 15 hours a week on average. This standard way of fishing takes too much time and expectations of the community in this recreational sport. There is just no reason to fish, which is sad, mainly because I believe that fishing should be exercised as a right and not as a chore. PvP is the only reason why swords and Axes in the Mcmmo is being trained and honed. Some are in the thousands! I would estimate that at least 30 people are in the thousands. While with fishing, somehow 2 people were able to reach 1000; they probably bought those levels, but still. Now I don't know about you, but I think that the system is stacked against fishing, since it can't be effectively utilized unless you spend day after day after day until you're finally at a high level, which brings me to my next point.

There is no Application in fishing:

I want to establish the fact that fishing doesn't have a real purpose. All it can do is bring about ocelots through the Mcmmo, other than that, there really isn't any applicable feature worth wasting time on. There’s no way that someone really is going to fish just for the sake of fishing the same raw fish that you get thousands of time, while others are off getting fighting for guts and glory (other than those 2 individuals in the 1000s, how y'all get there? lol.)? Why can't we fish with all we got and show everyone what it means to be a fisherman who fights the battle of fearsome creatures of the deep? Which allows me to get to my next statement.

Fishing is Boring:

Fishing is not the most fun activity, and there really isn’t any point in doing so. The purpose of fishing is now solely based on leveling Mcmmo. Leveling Mcmmo should never be the first thing that comes up with fishing. In fact, it should be the last thing that pops up in your mind. The goal of Mcmmo is to allow people who immerse themselves in an art, whether combat, excavation, or fishing -- in other terms, roleplay. How natural it is to fish isn’t existent at all, it’s dead Jim. However, all that can change with the addition of new mods like aquaculture.

What is Aquaculture and why should it be implemented:

Aquaculture is a mod that essentially gives the players an incentive to fish. It encourages players to journey and explore new areas where new fishes can be found, find the perfect fishing spot, quickly gain experience points, and even obtain valuables unthinkable without the plugin itself! The meaning behind the name, Master Angler, finally has meaning and purpose again. With this mod, it will allow for the addition of new fish, effects of climate on fishing, and items obtainable solely through fishing. Lots of people would get back into fishing with this mod. The best way to bring a community closer isn’t by fighting each other with swords and axes, but it’s by promoting peace, love, and community through activities like fishing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tl;dr: Fishing is underrated due to the difficulties of leveling up Mcmmo, no good enchantments, it takes too long to accomplish, and it's boring; therefore, there is no incentive. Which is why I'm asking for a new mod called “Aquaculture” to be added, in order to encourage the spirit of fishing once again. So if you're with me, pls hit that like button to show your support to this cause.

P.S: Also Pls vote for my cause, it doesn't only affect me but the whole server!!!

(*Note: If you think we should keep the current system please give me reasons why, and state the intentions clearly, bc i think a reform needs to be made, but that’s just my opinion, lel.)

Last edited:

TheCaptainBurito

Skeleton Slayer
Isn't it more fun to grind for a high level in mcmmo, If you fish for 30 mins every day with a good fishing rod you will get pretty good stuff and a good amount of mcmmo xp.

From what I understood from you thread you suggest to implement a mod... which would remove the point of the survival. Not saying it's a bad idea.
I think RPG survival is so popular and unique cause it's made with plug-ins only.
Everything looks normal (Like a normal world) and the custom fishes would ruin that.

Also, you think that fishing is so underrated due to the difficulties of leveling up your fishing mcmmo. Fishing wasn't really ment to be one of the main things in minecraft, it's just a fun feature to minecraft.
From what I've seen fishing has always been "underrated" but adding new fishes wouldn't change that. Maybe some custom enchants could be added for the fishing rod on survival (and other gamemodes), I think that would help making fishing more popular.

These are all my personal opinions PLEASE DON'T HATE!

OP
OP
W

Weaponz

First Step
Isn't it more fun to grind for a high level in mcmmo, If you fish for 30 mins every day with a good fishing rod you will get pretty good stuff and a good amount of mcmmo xp.

From what I understood from you thread you suggest to implement a mod... which would remove the point of the survival. Not saying it's a bad idea.
I think RPG survival is so popular and unique cause it's made with plug-ins only.
Everything looks normal (Like a normal world) and the custom fishes would ruin that.

Also, you think that fishing is so underrated due to the difficulties of leveling up your fishing mcmmo. Fishing wasn't really ment to be one of the main things in minecraft, it's just a fun feature to minecraft.
From what I've seen fishing has always been "underrated" but adding new fishes wouldn't change that. Maybe some custom enchants could be added for the fishing rod on survival (and other gamemodes), I think that would help making fishing more popular.

These are all my personal opinions PLEASE DON'T HATE!

That's understandable. Personally, the other features would be fun to implement, but the only thing i really want is more enchantments for fishing. If that were possible, then I would be totally happy. This post is just a suggestion so feel free to express your opinion, as long as it isn't demeaning in any manner, lol.

tancayo

Tree Puncher
Hey,
First off, I think that this is a great idea, but I agree with what TheCaptainBurrito said. Mods will ruin the fun of Vanilla Minecraft mixed with McMMO. Also, I think that fishing is just a past-time thing in Minecraft. It's not supposed to be the most exciting. There are plenty of other McMMO things that you can do (try taming? idk. I've never done it.) Still, great idea though.
Lastly, if you have a suggestion, you should post it here- https://www.snapcraft.net/forums/suggestions-and-feedback/ so the staff will be more likely to see it.

Have a nice day!:-D