Did this help you guys with your app?

• NO!!! If so please PM me about whats wrong.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NickFire24

First Step
EVERY THING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT APPLYING FOR BUILDER

Ok, so I've seen a ton of people applying for builder on the server using the wrong format. All of these applications have been denied because of this so I just wanted to spread the word about using the proper format. I'll link the thread for the application format at the bottom and put it in the thread.

Guide
Part One: Proper Format

So like I said at the top, you really need to use the proper format or the entire application will be overlooked no matter how epic your builds are.Underneath this I'm going to put the proper format:

• Real and In-Game Name?
  • Current Age?
  • Current Time-Zone? (In terms of GMT: ex. GMT - 5)
  • What times are you available?
  • Why do you want to join the Snapcraft Build Team?
  • Have you ever been on any notable build teams? (BlockWorks, Everbloom, goCreative, etc.)
  • Have you ever been banned or muted? If so, please briefly explain.
  • VERY IMPORTANT: Attach an Imgur link to pictures of at least TWO of your builds that you built on your own.
  • Please tell us a little bit about yourself and anything else you would like us to know.

On the part where it says that they want to know a little bit about you DO NOT WRITE AN ESSAY! They want to know about you and some stuff you do just to get a sense of what kind of person you are but, they don't want to read a biography about your life, just keep it simple to your hobbies, what you like to do outside of Minecraft, and if you have some stuff that is necessary to share with the staff.

Part Two: Builds

We all know that if your want to become a builder you enjoy creating Minecraft builds(Or you are a rejected Moderator who is desperate to be on staff). So if you want to pursue a position building for a server, your builds have to be pretty good. I suggest making an album on Imgur of either a bunch of your builds or just one big build that you have done. But DO NOT attach a bunch of little builds. They like to see that you've had experience but a bunch of little 4x4 cabins aren't going to get you on the Build Team. Also, your builds need to look nice in all texture packs. We get it, you have an awesome texture pack but not everyone does so make sure it looks good in default too so that average users on the server can enjoy the build as much as you do.

Part Three: Build Teams

If you've been on a build team, that will really help you in your application. That helps the staff know that you can be trusted to be on a team and also that you have experience building with others towards a common goal.

Part Four: Grammar

Let's face it, you're never going to get accepted if u talk lik dis. Nobody will take you seriously and it looks very unprofessional, therefore you might not get accepted. So, make sure to check your grammar and punctuation before you apply and if you really suck at English get the chrome edition Grammarly. Also, this isn't your Harvard application so it's ok to be a little loose and make sure to be yourself. Anybody can be a super formal perfect application-maker, but nobody can be you. Make sure to let the staff know that you can be a big help to their server.

Part Five: Rejection and Being Accepted

I've seen lots of threads that say that they are rage quitting the server because their builder app got rejected. Well guess what, everybody gets rejected sometimes. There is a big difference between the people who rage quit the server after an application gets rejected and the person who gets up back onto their feet and works hard on their builds to get accepted. Be that person. If you apply a second time it will show that you are perseverant and will work hard until they get what they want and the staff likes that. Now, if you are accepted, don't go and brag or make a bunch of threads about how happy you are. This is super immature and is not what the server wants their builders to be. It's ok to be happy about it but not way too happy(Also you have to go through the confirmation process so you're not "official")

I hit a lot of the main points in this thread, but if you need more info or want to go into depth on one topic, make sure to Pm my account by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
Thanks for reading this really long thread and I wish you the best of luck on your applications. Make sure to follow me on the site and I'll follow you back. Bye!

Links:

Link to the builder app process:
https://www.snapcraft.net/threads/9659/

Link to my account
https://www.snapcraft.net/members/32920/

Support the server!:
https://store.snapcraft.net/

Make sure to vote too!
https://www.snapcraft.net/vote/

HotCoco

Stone Miner
also to add dont render, pretty sure you need 2 or more builds at least because lots of times they say not enough builds

HotCoco

Stone Miner
but nice job writing all of that, should be really helpful