Why Is Snapcraft Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalSense

Void Walker
Well since there's been a lot of people wondering why Snapcraft was down, might as well make a thread about it.

Let's get straight to the point, it's being ddosed at the moment. For any of you wondering why this is happening and who is doing it, the answer to that pinpoints here- https://twitter.com/lelddos. So yes, the attacker is lelddos.
He has been taking down many minecraft servers today and most of the servers taken down are from here- http://minecraftservers.org/. Most of the servers ddosed are slowly recovering at the moment, some are not, and snapcraft is one of them.

Here are 3-words for those who are impatient or complaining: PLEASE BE PATIENT. Snapcraft will be up very soon so the best thing to do is be patient.

Here are some Q & A's I decided to make in case most of you are wondering about a lot of questions:

Q: Will this mean Snapcraft will be shut down forever?!?
A: No, it's just temporarily down until the host and sessions can reconnect.

Q: Will this affect my rank/items/money/whatever In-game?!?!
A: No.

Q: If I bought something during the time the server went down, will that mean what I bought from the webstore will not be given In-game?
A: If you bought something from the webstore during this time, and you go in-game and you don't have what ever you bought from the webstore during the time it went down, please email: [email protected]. Make sure to have your receipt and information required which was sent to your e-mail when you purchased your said item.

Q: Is this the end of Minecraft?
A: No.

I'd just rather be straight forward here since most server owners are lying to their players. Just don't make threads or posts that say "OMGOMGOMG SNAPCRAFT IS DONE" or "HALP PLEASE I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT SNAPCRAFT".

It will be up soon so in the mean time, find something that'll entertain you ;-) and please be patient!

-Trial

Luke199

Stone Miner
a denial-of-service or distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of efforts to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet. As clarification, DDoS attacks are sent by two or more people or by using bots

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.