TooSour

Iron Miner
Snapcraft's poor anti-cheat has been a major topic for quite some time. Despite what staff say about how the anti-cheat works well, we all know that is not the case. Players on Snapcraft, especially those on Kitpvp, are frustrated and fed up with the numerous amount of hackers that keep pouring into the server we love, due to our poor anti-cheat. White_Ninja327, myself, and countless amounts of players have lost so much due to all the hackers that are doing as they please, without the fear of being caught. Even if the hackers get banned, the irreparable damage has already been dealt. The people have spoken. Snapcraft has to change.

~TooSour

Jake Pie

Iron Miner
The players of SnapCraft and the staff all know that the hackers are a big problem. It's been said a thousand times in a thousand ways, and I'm almost positive that the staff is sick of it, especially Maarten himself.
But until the players really understand what an anti-cheat is, no one has the right to complain. Between anti-cheats and hacked clients, it's a constant war. Every time the anti-cheat improves, the hacked client gets meaner, bypassing the anti-cheat. Valve had this problem with cheat clients such as LMAOBoX for Team Fortress 2 for nearly eight years before they figured out the right way to do it. And really, we have to give the anti-cheat developers a chance. Because realistically, they don't have to have ANY anti-cheat, and they're doing it for the players to begin with.

So, until one of you people in the peanut gallery decide to make an anti cheat better than NC+, please stop complaining, because the job is most certainly not as easy as it sounds.

OP
OP
TooSour

TooSour

Iron Miner
The players of SnapCraft and the staff all know that the hackers are a big problem. It's been said a thousand times in a thousand ways, and I'm almost positive that the staff is sick of it, especially Maarten himself.
But until the players really understand what an anti-cheat is, no one has the right to complain. Between anti-cheats and hacked clients, it's a constant war. Every time the anti-cheat improves, the hacked client gets meaner, bypassing the anti-cheat. Valve had this problem with cheat clients such as LMAOBoX for Team Fortress 2 for nearly eight years before they figured out the right way to do it. And really, we have to give the anti-cheat developers a chance. Because realistically, they don't have to have ANY anti-cheat, and they're doing it for the players to begin with.

So, until one of you people in the peanut gallery decide to make an anti cheat better than NC+, please stop complaining, because the job is most certainly not as easy as it sounds.
I am very aware that creating a better anti-cheat isn't easy at all. Also, I support and appreciate all the staffs' time, effort, and dedication they put into this server. I might've misworded my paragraph a bit since my intentions were only to encourage/prioritize this major issue, not to annoy/complain to staff about the current state of the anti-cheat, as that never helps any issue. However, every (I literally mean EVERY) player on kitpvp will agree with me on this issue: prioritize the improvement of the anti-cheat. It is extremely frustrating to play on kitpvp when there are no staff online to stop the hackers. At times, it is literally unplayable. To conclude, all I request from Maarten (or whoever else is in charge of the anti-cheat) is to publicly announce whether they're planning on to improve the anti-cheat and update us on its new features. At the moment, however, it seems like Snapcraft's anti-cheat isn't changing anytime soon (until further notice).

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
We do weekly updates to our anti-cheat, we made some huge changes a couple days ago. But keep in mind we cant just block everything right away because legit players will just be kicked that way. If we make it to strict you get kicked sometimes which people complain about when we make it too lenient you complain it doesn't do enough. There is an endless circle of complaints. There is no currently no such thing as a "perfect" or a "good" anticheat. This is minecraft and the only way to fix it is if Mojang fixes it.

OP
OP
TooSour

TooSour

Iron Miner
We do weekly updates to our anti-cheat, we made some huge changes a couple days ago. But keep in mind we cant just block everything right away because legit players will just be kicked that way. If we make it to strict you get kicked sometimes which people complain about when we make it too lenient you complain it doesn't do enough. There is an endless circle of complaints. There is no currently no such thing as a "perfect" or a "good" anticheat. This is minecraft and the only way to fix it is if Mojang fixes it.
I, as well as many others, were unaware of these weekly updates for the anti-cheat (updating us via forums on huge changes would be very helpful :-D). I am 100% aware of the fact that the anti-cheat system will never be perfect in this game, and I also agree that making the anti-cheat too strict is not a good solution. However, I do want to point out that an ideal, and doable, anti-cheat should be able to detect blatant hackers, using obvious hacks such as speed, kill aura, and insane click speeds, instantly, unless the anti-cheat's new update currently does that (haven't had time to test it yet :-/). Throughout Youtube, there are many proof videos of hackers, on Snapcraft KitPvP, using crazy, obvious hacks without getting kicked, so fixing this issue would reduce the amount of hackers, as well as the number of legit players being kicked. I am also aware that making a "good/perfect" anti-cheat is not an easy task to accomplish, and I am very grateful to have staff and an owner who put a lot of time and hard work towards this server. It was a pleasure to talk to you about these issues, and I hope we can fix them as best as possible in the near future!

~TooSour