Can't cure Zombie Villagers?

Ben Prevish

Tree Puncher
So, I've had a problem on survival. I can't cure zombie villagers, for some reason. Just wondering why. I throw a potion of weakness at one, and then try to feed it a golden apple, and nothing happens. I would like some help on this please.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
I have had no problems with this. I have two living in my house right now. You have to make sure to do three things:
1. Make sure the undead part of him/her/it does not burn in the sun.
2. Make sure the potion has time to work.
3. Make sure your system is not glitchy. I have had sheep appear on a roof top, a suit of armor vanish, and wood turn to dirt. Sometimes our systems are glitch y from a bad connection. Trap the vile creature and then log out if you cant get it to work. Sometimes this reloads the code and you may find that you get a better result.

Remember, having a villager(s) live in your home is a big consideration. Zombies, and undeads will ignore you and do whatever they can to get in. Think of everything, even carpet, and don't forget that villagers can open wood doors. I installed button activated iron doors.

OP
OP
Ben Prevish

Ben Prevish

Tree Puncher
Ok, I get what you're saying. I know a zombie's priority is a villager over a player, and that they can open wooden doors, so I'll trap them in a safe place. Thanks for the help! ;-)

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
A few other things to consider as a point of strategy.

-Your key monsters (the creatures that explode into existence) will run towards your villagers to try to harm them. They will ignore you.

-villagers are mischievous about doors. I use an iron door with a button on each side.

-without carpet or another half block monsters can spawn indoors.

-villagers may breed under the right conditions.