Observer blocked?

Kimber_Boh

First Step
I was wondering why we are not able to make an observer? Is there a bug with the block? I used the search function in hopes to find some information already posted in the forums and got no results. :-(

P.S. I play on skyblock.

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
Our servers are on 1.8 and the block you're talking about is a 1.11 block. Therefore it doesn't even exist on Skyblock. We allow versions from 1.9 and above to connect, but they can still only use 1.8 items.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
I see. I wish this website stated that, somewhere like the home page would have been great. When I found this server on .... it says 1.11.2.
Would that really have altered whether you play or not? What I guess I am really trying to say is that servers are hard to run. You need an independent program and then plugins. My Server is always offline because I cant find good programs that all line up with the right versions. My server program is 1.10 but the best protection block plugin I find is a 1.8 plug in. If I switch to a 1.8 server playform my mulitworld portals plugin which is 1.10 will not work anymore.
1.8 saw the biggest boom in plugins, mods, and user content. The hope for minecraft future is a revolutionary mod like forge that could one day help any minecraft version of a plugin, server platform, or mod work on any other version. Its no small task.
The simple truth is that Snapcraft has the cleanest, and most versatile collection of mods Ive ever seen except one (mindblown). Unfortunately mindblown is gone from what I gather.
I have seen Marteen and his team working constantly to improve content. The most recent is the rewards program. You can earn real gift cards for watching ads in game. Thats amazing. Not too many servers give back like that.
As plugins and content catch up with 1.11, and the soon released 1.12, rest assured Snapcraft will advance towards those versions.