Do you want a reset

• Yes!

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • No!

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters

shackaluckin

First Step
I don't get whats so hard to just reset purchases, I would think theres a variable in code somewhere that stores every person's purchase history, so just copy and paste that for people after the reset

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
It's not just that easy. The only purchased goods from the store we give back if lost, are ranks. Sometimes items if they don't work as expected when first launched. However to give back years of purchases for free is not only a bad business move, but damaging to a brand new economy.

Bnclay96

First Step
Okay, I've been playing on this server for over a year now and I feel a lot of things have changed over the time, one of thos being the shop prices and items. so a reset is a good idea for that reason. Ive build a lot and have many hours put into my island. and I Think the server actually does need need it. With the only thing, and probably will be kept, is ranks. also the /adlink reward points. Something I think would be cool if there ever is a reset would be a few new things. like try update the server to 1.11 maybe? or a least up from what were at. so I vote yes.

shackaluckin

First Step
I would also like to add another solution that would benefit both sides of this argument: creating another completely separate skyblock server, so if anyone wanted to start again, they could go onto that new server and the people who put effort in to their islands wouldn't have it all lost

YourGamer

Iron Miner
Denis I believe a server restart would be great. People who have not yet played for 3 years or less can catch up to players like "MeridianChild". This dude has been /is top for so long. Plus has not played in about 6weeks. Players like you and myself should be able to get to number 1. I know how much work you've put into your bal and your island but think of people like me who started playing skyblock 2 months ago. I could just put hours and hours of my life into this but if you really want some items I believe /is top 1 threw 10 should be able to start with what ever the server chooses. How ever that does not mean a Iron Golem Spawner. I do believe that people who have bought iron golem spawners and other spawners should be able to have those refunded in reset. I really didn't like the idea of reset at first. But then iMartennn came on and told me some benefits. I really like the idea now. Sincerely Jaydyn09
Unfortunately, I don't really think they will refund us even if our spawners are deleted in the reset. Plus it will take a LOT of time and money to buy another spawners, which includes IG spawners of course, after the reset. Otherwise, it will be too good to be true, my dear Jaydyn.

TheGamerDenisMc

OP
OP
Minecrap135

Minecrap135

Stone Miner
I would also like to add another solution that would benefit both sides of this argument: creating another completely separate skyblock server, so if anyone wanted to start again, they could go onto that new server and the people who put effort in to their islands wouldn't have it all lost
That is actually the best idea so far, in my opinion, this would give players like me and shacka who have been playing skyblock for years upon years and have spent hundreds of dollars on the game an opportunity to restart if they would like to OR they can player with their friends a be more relax.
I also think that a new server would make most players happy and the server wouldn't lose as many players.

Legitmon

Emerald Miner
Just a reminder, this thread does not mean there will be a reset. This is just a suggestion thread. So, please do not say in-game that there will be one.
If there will be a reset, a thread will be posted on our news channel forum. Here.
Thank you. :)

TopNinja

Stone Miner
That is actually the best idea so far, in my opinion, this would give players like me and shacka who have been playing skyblock for years upon years and have spent hundreds of dollars on the game an opportunity to restart if they would like to OR they can player with their friends a be more relax.
I also think that a new server would make most players happy and the server wouldn't lose as many players.

Creating a seperate server with everyone's current islands would be a huge waste imo as it will require work, maintenance and many other problems with creating a new server. A reset will create a huge influx of returning players as well as new players which generally happens when a reset occurs. It will finally give new players a level playing ground to become one of the top islands as well as an incentive for old players such as myself who quit because there was nothing to do to come back and play again. Although losing all your stuff does seem like a waste of time, starting over will allow you to experience building and playing with your friends which is made especially more enjoyable with the competitive edge of being mctop or IS top.

Smognoggler

Answer to Life
So we all know that a reset is coming at some point, whether it be sooner or later is only up to iMaartennn. It would be nice to know when at the earliest this would happen, because it feels that if it is going to reset, what is the point in building up on there right now, it's stalled for me, and probably others to, because they don't want to work on something , only to see it lost so soon. Now the only real benefit that i can see coming form this is decreasing the server space used up with by the 1 visit players, or players that come on to that server once, create an island, and don't come back. As for your island level, everyone has the same limit, where as a survival server would need a reset to refresh resources, on skyblock you only have your islands area.that you can expand to, so everyone has the same chance to work up to the top from when ever they start. only thing that would change this is if a reset added a expansion feature.
One thing as a compromise for people, is to some how enable people to save there island to a single player world, maybe others to for the nostalgia, that way your actual island could be saved. i would suggest releasing the whole map, but i would think it would be too large for most everyone to even download, much less play in.
Another idea, building off of shackaluckin's idea, is to have 2 servers temporarily, so that it could be a more gradual transition, then after a given time period, the old server is ended and only the new one is there

StarryOmen

Stone Miner
It sounds like an idea I would support, but the problem is that there are just not enough players on Snapcraft that would be able to support 2 Skyblock servers.
As said by many people in this thread, A new start to Skyblock is beneficial to those who want to work towards getting to the top of the stats. Yes, lots of effort has been put into islands and it is frustrating, but it opens doors for people who have already gotten lots of money and items and need new goals to work towards.