1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

[Factions] Better kits

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Battcon, May 12, 2017.

?

Should the kits be buffed?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Only slightly

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Battcon

Battcon Tree Puncher

Elliepopellie
    Who ever has donated, I think we can all agree on that the kits are pretty lack luster. The only kit I see being worth the money you paid would be [Lord]. I have payed $70 USD, which is quite a lot, for prot2, I am not complaining because I mostly bought it for fly and fix. But even the most expensive which is $250 USD only gives you prot4 unb1. In actual high level PvP you are going to need unb3, so that armour really is pointless. I am just suggesting something a little more progressive:

[Lord] All prot1 and a sharp 3 sword

[Overlord] All prot2 and a sharp 4 fire aspect 1

[Hero] All prot3 and a sharp 4 fire aspect 2 looting 1

[Faithful] All prot4 and a sharp 4 sword fire aspect 2 looting 3
    (Faithful to legend is a $60 dollar jump mind you)

[Legend] All prot4 unb2 sharp 5 sword fire aspect 2 looting 3 unb 3

[Titan] All prot4 unb3 Sharp 5 sword Fire aspect 2 Looting 3 unb3 Life leach1 beheading 1
    (For paying $250 I really believe you should get something special, which yeah the lucky sword is good, but I think 1 good armour set and 1 ok one would be better.)

[Immortal] All prot4 unb3 WITH feather falling4 on the boots, throrns2 on the chest, maybe even well fed 1 and the pants. And another set of prot 3 with it. The sword should have Sharp 5 fire aspect 2 looting 3 unb 3 lifeleech2 lucky1 beheading2 and slowness1

I really believe this will add a bigger instentive to buy ranks.

Also on the notes of kits, I think adding a aesthetic cool thing to the names of the sword and stuff would be nice. here an example:
    https://gyazo.com/5bfe3a682a7dbd6984281291af8947eb
    https://gyazo.com/4f820f73aa56ff4290cf954aca781d6e
    https://gyazo.com/3d9a0670271ff1526cffa9060101d288

Even like the Rare and legendary stuff you already have, add those to kits and add some colours, I think that'd be sick. I appreciate any response.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yotz

Yotz First Step

Yotz45
    Honestly, I'm on the fence on this. I personally do not donate, due to a lack of money. Though my faction members sometimes do donate. Personally, when I pick a server, I take note of the kits. I go out of my way to avoid any that give too large of an advantage to those who donate. While I agree yes, the kits still have room to be upgraded without being unfair, I'd strongly advise to look for ways to get benefits while keeping it decently fair, as this keeps those who are unable to donate, still enjoying the server. Overall, I'd think a slightly beefed up kit would still do nicely, and perhaps adding in things like a feature where those who donate could either 1. open up stalls at the spawn to sell items en mass more easily at decent prices, or possibly 2. have a second shop where only those who donate a set amount can access, and these shops would have better buy/sell rates.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Riskdemon

Riskdemon Iron Miner

Riskdemon
    I agree with Yotz on this one. Though I haven't played Factions on SnapCraft yet, due to the fact that I have nobody to play with, that is generally the concept most servers must go by to maintain a good player base. (Not make kits overpowered for donators)

4. Legitmon

Legitmon Mod

Legitmon
    Add a poll so it can be voted on. :)

(My opinion: I think kits are fine)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Kcin2

Kcin2 Stone Miner

kcin2
    I'm with Legitmon, personally I don't really think any kit should even have p4 in it.

6. Battcon

Battcon Tree Puncher

Elliepopellie
    In 2 days of an enchanting spree I have enchanted over 24 sets of purely p4 unb3, https://gyazo.com/b868dca88960f0c1f98e7e5647424a49 I dont really think it'd hurt for someone to get a set every 48 hours for paying and supporting the server

7. Kcin2

Kcin2 Stone Miner

kcin2
    Being able to enchant p4u3 sets has nothing to do with getting them for free with no effort what so ever

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Battcon

Battcon Tree Puncher

Elliepopellie
    It's not exactly free when you have to pay $250 usd?

9. Kcin2

Kcin2 Stone Miner

kcin2
    Okay, if you're gonna go there.. Firstly spending $250 for a rank on one single minecraft server is just a stupid waste of money in the first place imo. Secondly, donating to Snapcraft in it's current state is p2w, now I'm not saying it shouldn't be as it gives alot more of an incentive to donate. But that doesn't mean people should be completely OP just because they donated $250 to a minecraft server. * kit's should stay the same as they are, as having just p4 (or p3) as the top kit would be good enough *

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Battcon

Battcon Tree Puncher

Elliepopellie
    Are you seriously saying the server you play on that donating is stupid? they are the people who make the server possible to run, now you're just being an asshole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Legitmon

Legitmon Mod

Legitmon
    I'll advertise this poll on factions. It can be voted on by more people there. :)

12. Kcin2

Kcin2 Stone Miner

kcin2
    Thought I made it clear.. I personally think donating to ANY minecraft server is stupid xD. Obviously the server needs some sort of revenue to keep it running. I also know that it doesn't require being P2W. And yes I like being an asshole :)

13. Battcon

Battcon Tree Puncher

Elliepopellie
    Thank ya

14. Christian Maciel

Christian Maciel First Step

HarambeVsBaby
    I agree because I got hero and it's not much for what you paid for and same with immortal because 250$ for what? Protection 4 u1 thats garbage

15. james claridge

james claridge First Step

minime58951
    i feel that kits are good but need a slight change, having p4 u3 and them other enchants plus a p3 set is too much personally i would think to go as far as having p4 u3- just my opinion, as i believe the rank overlord should have p2 and hero p3 and legend p4 titan p4 u1 or p4 u2 and immortal p4 u3 - as i said my opinion

16. Kcin2

Kcin2 Stone Miner

kcin2
    Yeah it's garbage armor that you use with an anvil to get non-garbage armor

17. Kcin2

Kcin2 Stone Miner

kcin2
    That's a little more than a slight change

18. james claridge

james claridge First Step

minime58951
    as i said my opinion kits should be different currently legend and titan are close enough the same and lord and overlord

19. Mfs2624

Mfs2624 First Step

Mfs2624
    I think personally the kits are balanced except maybe a slight buff to the top two kits. You have to keep in mind you get these kits DAILY or Bi-Daily (I'm not sure) and it could get too op too fast. And then it would definitely be pay to win more than it already is. But I like some of your ideas. I'm indifferent.

20. JamieYoung

JamieYoung Tree Puncher

JamieYoung
    I think they are okay too!