Few questions regarding survival...

_P_

Gold Miner
I was wondering a few things and I could not find my answers here on the forum...
I'll get straight to it! So what I wanted to know was:

-Once a sponge is placed can we pick them up again without losing them?
-Are Ocean Monuments one the server? (I have yet to still find any...)
-If yes, are the sponges in it also protection sponges?
-Are Vine growth and fire spread active on the server?
-Lastly, to what is the render distance of the server set? (just curious for my own settings since I don't see the need in putting my render distance at 32 if it's for example at 12 server wise...

Legitmon

Emerald Miner
-Once a sponge is placed can we pick them up again without losing them?
You can always pick them up after you place them, unless something happens to the sponge (i.e. 40 to 60 days of inactivity pass which removes the sponge)
-Are Ocean Monuments one the server? (I have yet to still find any...)
They have been removed from the world generation, however some still pop up. If you are looking for the sponges inside: you can't pick those specific sponges up.
-Are Vine growth and fire spread active on the server?
They are not active.
-Lastly, to what is the render distance of the server set? (just curious for my own settings since I don't see the need in putting my render distance at 32 if it's for example at 12 server wise...
I don't really know what you mean by this. Render distance (to my knowledge) is only changed by players. The only default render distance would be set by Mojang, but you can change that. This means you dictate how far your account sees. Don't quote me on that; I could be wrong.

OP
OP
_P_

_P_

Gold Miner
I don't really know what you mean by this. Render distance (to my knowledge) is only changed by players. The only default render distance would be set by Mojang, but you can change that. This means you dictate how far your account sees. Don't quote me on that; I could be wrong.

Well first of all thank you for your answers :-D
Well what I mean by that is that you can set the maximum render distance for players on the server regardless of their own options/settings.
I did that as well on the server I was admin on. We set it to a max of 12 so the server pc could handle it... this meant that even if a player had it set to 32, the maximum, they would only render out up to 12.

I notice this here as well, but I was just curious what the exact numbers were. But perhaps you don't know either (which is fine btw), i mean it really depends on what the actual pc runing this server is capable of.

But nevertheless, thanks again.

OP
OP
_P_

_P_

Gold Miner