Question About The No Scamming Sign..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoa

Iron Miner
I don't know if anyone has brought this up before but I'm seeing it everyday.

The confusion of the "No Scamming Sign" at the duel area.

We know it's not allowed and banable but
what exactly does no scamming :sign: apply to?

1. Tricking?
2. Changing armor when the duel starts?
3. Not paying money? (dumb things people say)
4. Hacking?
5. Hiding until duel ends?
6. Hiding so the player leaves?
7. Something else?

All of the above?? WHAT DOES IT MEAN!? x.x

And if we should or could report them
and how?

If the rule is not specific anyone can just say their not breaking it.
Which makes the sign useless.

Most people think it's reason # 2 which makes sense.
It is the most popular trick/scam to do and it's pretty annoying.>:(
When somebody wears weak leather :leatherchestplate: armor and wood :woodsword: sword
but they really have diamond gear. :diamondhelm::diamondchestplate::diamondplatelegs::diamondboots::diamondsword: :goldapple::compass:
I also wasn't sure if I should of asked this in a ticket.

HippinSolo

Gold Miner
Out of the 7 options you listed I would consider scamming as #2. The easiest way to report it is to record and catch the player in the act. I hope this helps! :)

OP
OP
Zoa

Zoa

Iron Miner
Out of the 7 options you listed I would consider scamming as #2. The easiest way to report it is to record and catch the player in the act. I hope this helps! :)
Yes, reporting the armor changing tricksters would be easy but I'm not sure if it's a valid reason for a ban.
As the sign says. It's kinda confusing. lol

HippinSolo

Gold Miner
Yes, reporting the armor changing tricksters would be easy but I'm not sure if it's a valid reason for a ban.
As the sign says. It's kinda confusing. lol
Your best shot at truly understanding whats valid and whats not valid for a ban is to simply ask a staff member.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
I wonder if you could get an escrow plugin to prevent that. Like, it keeps the person from killing anyone who just received the amount they gave away for a timed period (example: 10 minuets).
Also, a, "see inventory of other player" , plugin. That way two players can see each others inventory to determine if the other has better stuff tucked away.

I know that the first plugin would be hard to find. I imagine there are developers out there that can do that.
The second plugin is a popular admin plugin on a lot of servers. I imagine the person can be moved to a duel privilege when they step into that area that gives them access to a see inventory, and escrow, commands while in the fight area. They would go back to normal privileges that they had when they step out of the duel area.

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
I wonder if you could get an escrow plugin to prevent that. Like, it keeps the person from killing anyone who just received the amount they gave away for a timed period (example: 10 minuets).
Also, a, "see inventory of other player" , plugin. That way two players can see each others inventory to determine if the other has better stuff tucked away.

I know that the first plugin would be hard to find. I imagine there are developers out there that can do that.
The second plugin is a popular admin plugin on a lot of servers. I imagine the person can be moved to a duel privilege when they step into that area that gives them access to a see inventory, and escrow, commands while in the fight area. They would go back to normal privileges that they had when they step out of the duel area.
The point of duels is not to transfer money in the first place. But people were using it to scam so a new rule was added.

judeclark

Zombie Killer
I don't really think that numbers 5 and 6 necessarily break the rules, rather that it's just annoying to come by. Other than that, most of them would really be put under "scamming."

Reactions: Zoa
OP
OP
Zoa

Zoa

Iron Miner
I don't really think that numbers 5 and 6 necessarily break the rules, rather that it's just annoying to come by. Other than that, most of them would really be put under "scamming."

Also people keep saying "Scamming is allowed because a staff member told me it was" (I was told this about 6 times)
Which I think is completely bs lol.

Anyways I count them all to be reasons of scam.
I shall warn people when someone does any the 7 things I've listed just to be safe. ;-)

(not that anyone would listen to me..lol)

Legitmon

Emerald Miner
Also people keep saying "Scamming is allowed because a staff member told me it was"
Well you can plainly see that they are lying right there. Never trust what a player says, always check with a friendly staff. :)

Reactions: Zoa

asdgoesMLG

First Step
but owner already said that scamming means someone say duel other ppls with x account and then will let the guy accept the duel win but kill them for money so Zoa you cant warn ppls with that all 7 on the top of this post(time to wear a helmet)(Hong Kong jokes)this is what I think if you think I said wrong you can tell me whats wrong(like grammer)

Status
Not open for further replies.