Survival Reset

CoxBrothers

Emerald Miner
Hey guys, I figured the Survival reset will be happening sometime soon (Maybe not, it may be a while) and thought I should throw some ideas out there to improve the survival experience.

1. Minecraft updates
I'm just going to get the big one out there first. I would really like to see survival updated to a later version of minecraft. Now I know that would be controversial in regards to the change of PvP in the more recent updates, but I think holding back on updating to a later version just for the sake of 1.8 PvP is kind of dumb. Especially considering all the cool new stuff that's been added to minecraft (the new end, mending books, and elytra's to name a few). Besides, I think there are plugins to revert PvP back to 1.8.

2. Redstone
I can't tell you how frustrated I was when I tried to make a redstone contraption just to find that it wouldn't work because the redstone would stop working after a couple pulses. I realize that there was a plugin put in place to reduce lag by limiting redstone, it's still frustrating though. There's probably not much that can be done to help this unfortunately.

3. Mob griefing
I think that mob griefing for villagers should be turned on. It would be extremely useful for making villager breeders. Although, turning on mob griefing for villagers would open up the opportunity for auto farms. So this one is questionable.

That's all I could think of right now, so feel free to comment what you think should be added :)
(I'm aware that the staff might already have these ideas in mind for the next reset, but since I have no way of knowing I figured I should throw these ideas out there anyways.)

_P_

Gold Miner
Hey guys, I figured the Survival reset will be happening sometime soon (Maybe not, it may be a while) and thought I should throw some ideas out there to improve the survival experience.

1. Minecraft updates
I'm just going to get the big one out there first. I would really like to see survival updated to a later version of minecraft. Now I know that would be controversial in regards to the change of PvP in the more recent updates, but I think holding back on updating to a later version just for the sake of 1.8 PvP is kind of dumb. Especially considering all the cool new stuff that's been added to minecraft (the new end, mending books, and elytra's to name a few). Besides, I think there are plugins to revert PvP back to 1.8.

2. Redstone
I can't tell you how frustrated I was when I tried to make a redstone contraption just to find that it wouldn't work because the redstone would stop working after a couple pulses. I realize that there was a plugin put in place to reduce lag by limiting redstone, it's still frustrating though. There's probably not much that can be done to help this unfortunately.

3. Mob griefing
I think that mob griefing for villagers should be turned on. It would be extremely useful for making villager breeders. Although, turning on mob griefing for villagers would open up the opportunity for auto farms. So this one is questionable.

That's all I could think of right now, so feel free to comment what you think should be added :)
(I'm aware that the staff might already have these ideas in mind for the next reset, but since I have no way of knowing I figured I should throw these ideas out there anyways.)

Hm just one question.. Why do you think the reset will happen soon? I mean there is still so much land untouched...

OP
OP
CoxBrothers

CoxBrothers

Emerald Miner
Hm just one question.. Why do you think the reset will happen soon? I mean there is still so much land untouched...
Going by that logic, the reset would never happen since the minecraft world is infinite lol.

In all seriousness though, I just think it'll happen soon because it's been about a year since the last reset (I think it happened in July) and resets usually happen every year or so.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
I also can "feel" a reset type atmosphere. But the atmosphere can honestly be attributed to any kind of rumors of a reset. Survival had a very vibrant feel to it. Then just after skyblocks reset the feeling went sort of down hill. Now its like a lesser feel.
Though I would miss my mansion, my accumulated wealth, and my rooms of chests, I suppose a reset would be healthy. Although, and I say this with all due respect, some investigating into how players who are level 10 have accounts in the high millions or billions. That kind of an infection of cheaters can ruin a well reset world.

My suggestions, would be:
1. The allowance of observers and slime blocks (with limits)
2. Shulker boxes.
3. An attractive and well done nether hub.
4. A jobs plug in.
5. A full investigation into how people are glitching and duplicating items for money and a safe guard to prevent it.

But in the end, though CoxBrothers is very knowledgeable about Snapcraft I guess any talk of a reset is just that. Until we hear it right from the horses mouth.

_P_

Gold Miner
Going by that logic, the reset would never happen since the minecraft world is infinite lol.

Yeaaaah well it isn't... Servers have border limits... Some have them at 10k others at 50k even... I believe snapcraft has it around 11k or 14k...

OP
OP
CoxBrothers

CoxBrothers

Emerald Miner
Yeaaaah well it isn't... Servers have border limits... Some have them at 10k others at 50k even... I believe snapcraft has it around 11k or 14k...
Oh really? Come to think of it, I vaguely remember running into the border once.

_P_

Gold Miner
There is a funny youtube video theorizing what is beyond the border if you could go past it.
Heres one about Mario Brothers.

Yeah I am just talking about the server border which is just a human set limit behind it is just more minecraft world. You can get throught it walk around but you can't break blocks or places them and the world stop rendering so at some point you run out of options anyways

killervibe45

Tree Puncher
A reset would not interest me. I'm still happily building additions to my mansion, exploring the region around me, and thinking about opening a shop. I wouldn't have the energy to start over and would just move on. Patching in some new recipes could spice up the game.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
There is no reset planned just yet.
But I like the ideas.