Survival Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxJumboMCxX

Iron Miner
I think survival really needs a server reset. There is nothing to do other than PVP and that gets boring. I know Snapcraft is working on a lot right now, but survival really does need a reset. It's just kit ultra after kit ultra. There needs to be something new.

-JumboCorn

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
To be fair and play both sides here. What you suggest has merit and then again it does not.
There are several servers on Snapcraft (say that 5 times fast) and each has what people are in the mood for. I occasionally enjoy a quick run through the lucky block server. Though its almost always a ghost town, its still fun.
Other times I like a dungeon run on survival or a quick round of parkour. One of the charms of survival is the deep exploration of abandoned builds. I like to climb through them (sometimes amidst the destruction of countless raids you find a hidden chest or two), and marvel at them. They are a build someone once was proud of, now left to sit empty and un-visited.
At the same time there are people very vibrant and alive who have huge builds with months of invested work. They would be sad to see them go and it may be all that keeps them coming back to Snapcraft.
On the other hand a reset affords the opportunity to revive. When Skyblock reset it exploded the popularity. It is still a very crazy and vibrant place to visit. Many many players on all at once all the time.
Though we like the old world charm of survival there are benefits to a reset.
But I think it should be a refresh, keeping the builds but redoing the spawn, adding features, and freshening up the GUI's and extras. That way both sides are happy.
There are servers that are 4 or 5 years old that have never had a reset. Imagine that, I have toured the oldest in Minecraft history. It is very complex and amazing.

_P_

Gold Miner
Tbh I do not see the need for a reset yet but that is my opinion...

Last edited:

_PaniK

Zombie Killer
Survival is one of those servers that can last awhile before the next reset. I mean since there is not a lot of PVP but, a lot of hard work and building, there isn't much to do so they will reset when the staff team decides to :-P.

_P_

Gold Miner
There is no need for a reset. It would be fun if new features were added, but a reset? Not necessary in my opinion.

New features are indeed always welcome :-D

_P_

Gold Miner
Survival is one of those servers that can last awhile before the next reset. I mean since there is not a lot of PVP but, a lot of hard work and building, there isn't much to do so they will reset when the staff team decides to :-P.

True although I would honestly love to work on that and give players sort of quests for fun to keep them busy. But we'll have to see...

_PaniK

Zombie Killer
True although I would honestly love to work on that and give players sort of quests for fun to keep them busy. But we'll have to see...
Agreed. Also, some jobs or something unique that could make the survival on SC more unique and different from other servers would also be great :-D.

OP
OP
XxJumboMCxX

XxJumboMCxX

Iron Miner
For those who have been playing survival for awhile and have a rank, would understand more where im coming from. All there is to do is pvp. Ultra rank honestly gets boring.

St0n3henge

Iron Miner
I love exploring the old builds. That's a large amount of the fun of it for me. I also like to walk around regions (not through!) and see what people did with their houses. I've seen houses built of quartz, prismarine, terracotta and just plain wood.

I went to the top of this one extremely tall build in an abandoned city. It took about an hour. Must have been the tallest tower on the server. I thought I was going to fall every second. I didn't and got down safely.
I like looking through old chests even if all I find is some leather and feathers and junk.

And I like looking up ladders, down trap doors, and other places that were originally hidden to see what's left there.

SnowAge

Stone Miner
in my opinion, I think survival needs a reset too- Survival is getting very boring and we need to do a fresh start - all there is to do is pvp

_P_

Gold Miner
in my opinion, I think survival needs a reset too- Survival is getting very boring and we need to do a fresh start - all there is to do is pvp

Could you explain to me honestly what that reset changes in that?
There is still plenty of untouched land in survival... in fact I am surrounded by lots of it and no one is there. You just have to walk further.
But what woukd the resest change in that?

Not that i don't agree with you at all, i mean I would love to add something to survival too.
Like a sort of quest system. But a reset won't give you that. It needs to made.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
I have often wondered in survival why we cant all build roads between our areas and form a more complex world. I saw it done on a server once. It was kind of cool. I love finding the old builds people have abandoned. Maybe survivals spawn can be refreshed or remade, and the GUI's improved and doctored up (shop does not let you go back, there is a coming soon villager). But a full reset would really kill the mood.

_P_

Gold Miner
I have often wondered in survival why we cant all build roads between our areas and form a more complex world. I saw it done on a server once. It was kind of cool. I love finding the old builds people have abandoned. Maybe survivals spawn can be refreshed or remade, and the GUI's improved and doctored up (shop does not let you go back, there is a coming soon villager). But a full reset would really kill the mood.

Because although it is cool, there are just always people that like to ruin stuff.

FruOlsson

First Step
Instead of reseting and making people mad why not just create additional servers like Survival 1, Survival 2?
Or just generate new terrain.

Legitmon

Emerald Miner
No reset. It's not allowed. I spent too much time on my warp. :-(
:sadness:

(PS: Reset is not announced when or if it will happen, all comments and suggestions on this thread are not cannon for survival)

_P_

Gold Miner
No reset. It's not allowed. I spent too much time on my warp. :-(
:sadness:

(PS: Reset is not announced when or if it will happen, all comments and suggestions on this thread are not cannon for survival)
We can always save some schematics...

Status
Not open for further replies.