KitPvP questions, suggestions, and my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hucciii

Tree Puncher
Hello everyone, my names WS6, and some of you may know me from my pasts usernames such as: hucciii, Km1163, 2Janky4U, Preheat, 1300, and a few others. I recently came back from my permanent ban that was issued about 2 years ago, and I have some questions, suggestions and overall my thoughts on how I feel KitPvP could be changed for the better.

Questions:

1)
Why are there so many hackers?

Sometimes I will see hackers getting auto-banned for hacking but they would be able to hack for hours upon hours before a staff member would ban them or automatically being banned by anti-cheat. This was never really an issue that occurred in past maps that I've played at least, and I really think this should be looked into a.s.a.p due to the fact that it takes the overall fun and skill level away from the game play.

2) The whole "you can't use the same command twice or say the same thing twice" issue?

Typing in chat and communicating with players is basically a must, but not being able to do the same commands and message in chat is getting ridiculous, if I were to /g info (name) I can't do it twice because I already did that command, or for instance typing a message in chat that had an inappropriate word that didn't allowed to send, then you go ahead and get rid of that word and says you cannot use the same message, even though the original message did not send.

Suggestions:

1) Reset

2) New map? I suggest putting in one of the original maps with the buildings, we had that map but without buildings before this map I believe.

3) An armor leveling up system:

This is a slight brainstorm and i've had discussions with many players involving this topic in the past week. So on ZombieV there is a "Blacksmith" where you can buy a blank armor piece, bow, sword, etc. But put a certain amount of fire aspect, sharpness, and other enchants. But I see below spawn down the ladders there is a sort of system like that, but it's signs that are way too overpriced and no one ever uses them. I feel like this would be an amazing edition to KitPvP and put a different curve on this, as you have different NPCs such as Emerald Merchants, and Shop it could go in that area, or even have it's own work shop :-P

*This is sort of a rush job, but I feel like KitPvP is a really fun server and it just lacks potential and every single player sees it. Please consider these suggestions and answer some questions. Or if any of you guys have anything to add, feel free to do so down below :-P

Thank you.

Last edited:

Imogen

Tree Puncher
Ooo I like this!

Jedz

Creeper Hugger
Just my opinion on your Questions:

1. Hackers are always going to be around no matter what. Currently we have our anti cheat which as you mention auto-bans hackers and staff members. Unfortunately staff members can't be on 24/7 to deal with hackers however if we are on we need video proof to ban, we can't just ban a hacker straight away. Staff try to ban as many as they can but as I mentioned before hackers are unfortunately always around. Snapcraft is always looking for new staff to help out the server as well so anyone is free to apply. :)

2. That command was put in as an anti-spam command. However annoying it may be, that is its purpose so you don't try and spam certain commands.

For the suggestion side of things I like your ideas :)

Last edited:

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
Hello everyone, my names WS6, and some of you may know me from my pasts usernames such as: hucciii, Km1163, 2Janky4U, Preheat, 1300, and a few others. I recently came back from my permanent ban that was issued about 2 years ago, and I have some questions, suggestions and overall my thoughts on how I feel KitPvP could be changed for the better.

Questions:

1)
Why are there so many hackers?

Sometimes I will see hackers getting auto-banned for hacking but they would be able to hack for hours upon hours before a staff member would ban them or automatically being banned by anti-cheat. This was never really an issue that occurred in past maps that I've played at least, and I really think this should be looked into a.s.a.p due to the fact that it takes the overall fun and skill level away from the game play.

2) The whole "you can't use the same command twice or say the same thing twice" issue?

Typing in chat and communicating with players is basically a must, but not being able to do the same commands and message in chat is getting ridiculous, if I were to /g info (name) I can't do it twice because I already did that command, or for instance typing a message in chat that had an inappropriate word that didn't allowed to send, then you go ahead and get rid of that word and says you cannot use the same message, even though the original message did not send.

Suggestions:

1) Reset

2) New map? I suggest putting in one of the original maps with the buildings, we had that map but without buildings before this map I believe.

3) An armor leveling up system:

This is a slight brainstorm and i've had discussions with many players involving this topic in the past week. So on ZombieV there is a "Blacksmith" where you can buy a blank armor piece, bow, sword, etc. But put a certain amount of fire aspect, sharpness, and other enchants. But I see below spawn down the ladders there is a sort of system like that, but it's signs that are way too overpriced and no one ever uses them. I feel like this would be an amazing edition to KitPvP and put a different curve on this, as you have different NPCs such as Emerald Merchants, and Shop it could go in that area, or even have it's own work shop :-P

*This is sort of a rush job, but I feel like KitPvP is a really fun server and it just lacks potential and every single player sees it. Please consider these suggestions and answer some questions. Or if any of you guys have anything to add, feel free to do so down below :-P

Thank you.
There are actually fewer hackers than before just more players, most hackers get banned within an hour. And we update our anti-cheat on a daily basis. It also seems these days fewer people feel the need to report hackers here. Also contacting staff for help is extremely easy by using the /staff command.

I have said many times if there are any commands that you use twice in a row simply make a bug report here and they can be added to a list to prevent them from triggering the system.

Regarding the suggestions I like them, those are definetly things we can look at after Prison is finished.

Imogen

Tree Puncher
There are actually fewer hackers than before just more players, most hackers get banned within an hour. And we update our anti-cheat on a daily basis. It also seems these days fewer people feel the need to report hackers here. Also contacting staff for help is extremely easy by using the /staff command.

I have said many times if there are any commands that you use twice in a row simply make a bug report here and they can be added to a list to prevent them from triggering the system.

Regarding the suggestions I like them, those are definetly things we can look at after Prison is finished.
It's great to know that the server is a safe place most of the time. I'm sure most of us understand that there will be the odd ones here and there! Keep it up! :)

OP
OP
hucciii

hucciii

Tree Puncher

I completely understand, thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.