Mod Application

What did you think of my mod application?

• Good

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Needs work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinerOsc

First Step
IGN: MinerOsc
Past IGNS: MinerOsc, MinerOsc, MinerOsc and MinerOsc
Time Zone: Australian Eastern Standard Time
Country/State: South East Queensland Australia
Languages I speak: English and learning Japanese in my spare time
Activity: During week days as soon as i get home from university I'm usually online and don't get off for 4-5 hours. On weekends I would usually play from 11am (when i wake up) to 1am if I don't have work.
Past Offences: 1 mute from bypassing chat filter (said h"x)

About me: My name is Oscar, my hobbies include running, listening to music and gaming. Every Saturday I do a 5k run with my club at 6am. I've played Minecraft since alpha. I am currently enrolled in several courses for university all relating to electrical engineering. I don't really enjoy watching any sports or TV but i do enjoy listening to music as I find it relaxing.

Why i wish to be part of the team: I have been playing this server for a very long time and am very active. I think that I've just been cruising along on the servers for a while though and I now wish to give back to the server what it has given me. Also, since I am almost always active I see a lot of "suspicious" things and when i try to report them no mods are online and the process of filing a report is too lengthy and inconvenient. I want to be that mod that is always online and available.

What I can bring to the team: I think the main thing I can bring to the team is experience. I've been playing Minecraft for a long time and have seen and learnt many things. I can easily spot hacks from a mile away. I am also very familiar with all the servers plugins and commands. When ever anyone asks a question in chat I always try to respond to them as fast and accurately as I can, if I am capable of it. I enjoy helping out in any ways i can.

An idea i wish to focus on: I would like to focus on hack detection and exploiting. That is probably the most 'dirty' part of the server and thus I would like to focus my efforts on purging those on the server who do not play fairly. I also think that not a lot of mods spend their time in pvp or watching it as they usually have other things they are doing which is why I'd like to monitor it myself.

The 3 most important characteristics of a mod in my opinion are: Honesty, Responsible and Discipline (so they don't muck around and abuse).

I am very flexible in terms of communication and will use whatever software that the mods use to communicate (discord, skype, possibly even snapchat)

Thank you for the time that you took to read this application I hope that you take it into consideration.

-MinerOsc

Status
Not open for further replies.