AFK Farming Limits

Spooktastic

First Step
Hi! This is my first-time posting [don't worry, I read the rules (well... I skimmed through them... but I get the gist of it)] and I've only been on the server for a few days, so please forgive me if I make any obvious mistakes.

I've recently built an automated pumpkin farm (I'm pretty proud of it to be honest, even if it's extremely tiny), and I was wondering if being AFK on my island while waiting for my pumpkins to grow would count as AFK farming.

If it doesn't, why does AFK farming for iron ingots near an iron golem spawner-death-thing count? They seem pretty similar to each other.

And why is AFK farming even bannable in the first place?

Sorry if I'm asking a question with an obvious answer, but I'm clueless as to what that is.
While all responses are accepted and appreciated, I would love it if someone could help.

Thanks!

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
By afk farming, we mean having something on your end that automatically will gather things while you're away. Example: Having something hold your mouse down to continue mining blocks while you're not there. Standing on your island afk while your pumpkin farm is going, is no problem.

OP
OP
Spooktastic

Spooktastic

First Step
By afk farming, we mean having something on your end that automatically will gather things while you're away. Example: Having something hold your mouse down to continue mining blocks while you're not there. Standing on your island afk while your pumpkin farm is going, is no problem.

What do you mean by having something that automatically gathers things? Would a hopper count? Or standing at the collection spot?
Or does the rule specifically apply only to your character still moving when you're afk?

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
So afk farming overall is doing something (farming something) that you don't do any actions to.

AmberStone16

First Step
Is that what that moving piece of paper that has killed me three times now is? I wasn't even afk (just standing in place), and it made me lose all my things the first two times even when I tried to run or fight it. is there any way to stop it once it's appeared?

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Is that what that moving piece of paper that has killed me three times now is? I wasn't even afk (just standing in place), and it made me lose all my things the first two times even when I tried to run or fight it. is there any way to stop it once it's appeared?

Where did this happen? Plus, it is a token ghost. I doubt it would kill you. If you would like to report it, click here: https://snapcraft.net/support-tickets/open

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
The ghosts do indeed deal damage to you on most servers.

When I encountered one, nothing happened to me. Or are you talking about a 1.12 thing. I am playing on 1.8. That is why I am asking.

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
Just to clear things up, building a afk pool also counts as AFK Farming?
You will not be banned for sitting in a AFK pool. The water is the thing pushing you around, your character is not doing any actions. Once again, as long as your character is not the one doing the work while you are away/doing something else, you are ok.