1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

A Gift To My Oldest And Favorite Server

Discussion in 'Earth Games' started by SirAwesomeness7, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirAwesomeness7

SirAwesomeness7 Stone Miner

Ever since I started playing Minecraft back in 2013, this has been one of my first servers. I have watched the server change and grow from when it only housed 200 daily players until it hit its current state of 1200 daily players. Even though I have been infrequent over the years, one thing has kept tying me to this server, and that is my love for the Earth Games. Back in 2015 when I created a personal server for map making, I decided to build a map for my favorite mini game of all time. Almost 2 years later, I have finally completed my first ever map, and I have decided to offer it to SnapCraft EarthGames. Of course, you guys don't have to accept the map or do anything with it, but I at least ask for your consideration. As one of the oldest EarthGames players who still plays on EG, I have picked up what most people tend to enjoy in the EG maps and put a little bit of everything into one map. Feel free to download the map and look around in it, or just look at some of the screenshots that come from within it; it's your choice. Overall, I hope you take kindly to my gift and thank you for your time.

If you wish to have a download of this map, just e-mail me at [email protected], and I will send you the world files.

Note: The map was originally in 1.12, but I managed to convert the map into 1.8, so the map should be able to be downloaded onto the server. The world file is named 'SCM' (short for SnapCraft Map) and the map itself is named "Monody."

Helpful: If you don't know whether or not you want to implement the map into the server, one possible thing you can do is let players play EG in the new map for a few weeks, and add a survey so that the SC community gets to vote on whether or not they think it should stay.

Note: The map itself is 150 wide by 150 long by 92 tall. The map is fairly large so if you copy paste it, you may need to move in pieces. Originally I divided it into fourths, so I could copy and paste quadrants over each other to maintain symmetry.

Note: Coordinates are as follows:
    Blue Spawn- x: -129, y: 91, z: 61
    Red Spawn- x: -254, y: 91, z: 186
    Chest 1- x: -229, y: 111, z: 86
    Chest 2- x: -154, y: 111, z: 161

P.S.: Please let all the staff know about this, so that everyone of higher rank can share their opinion, especially the owner.

Screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/qeY9J

#1 SirAwesomeness7, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. an3rror

an3rror Tree Puncher

an3rror
    Factions Immortal
    Looks interesting! :-D

3. SnowAge

SnowAge Iron Miner

Kaoticcc
    Survival Ultra
    thats a really cool map! good job :)

4. SirAwesomeness7

Thank you, I'm really hoping that I can get some admins and the owner to notice it, so we can see if we can get a new map.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jedz

Jedz Admin

Jedz
    Admin
    nice work :)

6. ToKsuicR

ToKsuicR Creeper Hugger

GuardeYard
    Doesn't look bad at all. I like it.

7. ToKsuicR

ToKsuicR Creeper Hugger

GuardeYard

8. ToKsuicR

ToKsuicR Creeper Hugger

GuardeYard

9. Interline

Interline Iron Miner

Interline
    KitPvP Paladin
    Dont need to say it 3 times

10. LukeLovesBananas

LukeLovesBananas Gold Miner

LukeLovesBananas
    EG VIP
    YAY new earth games map that's not underground. Looks epic

11. H3X

H3X Iron Miner

IRLMessiah
    Looks really good, I hope to be playing on it in the future.

12. _PaniK

_PaniK Zombie Killer

Fleshlings
    Factions Lord
    Looks really nice. Hope they add it since it's a combination of mountains/terrain and of course flat-areas to SwordPVP.

13. SirAwesomeness7

That's literally what I was thinking while making it. I've been finding that the current maps are all specific to a certain type of terrain that usually favor sword PvP, so I made a map that encourages both bow and sword users to create a fair, fun, and fantastic looking battleground.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Livinghurts

Livinghurts First Step

Looks amazing and should be implemented into the game. Great work on this and I think you should be added into the build team, if there is one. Anyways I hope the owner notices this and hopefully adds this as a new map as the maps there are now are getting a bit stale imo. Great work and hope this gets added.

15. NotAKoalaBear

NotAKoalaBear Tree Puncher

I swear i've seen this map in play like 5 years ago on a server named brawl...........

16. dylan101202

dylan101202 Zombie Killer

Looks very cool, But I've always thought why don't you use grass or something other that just dirt, But that's just what I think, It's very good though.

17. TheNextHerobrine

TheNextHerobrine Zombie Killer

TheNextHerobrine
    KitPvP Paladin
    Amazing work! If @Maarten doesn't add this then I will hack into the server and add it myself. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Feel free to email the map to [email protected] be sure to upload it to dropbox or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EpicAgentJ

EpicAgentJ Void Walker

EpicAgentJ
    Survival VIP+
    Nice map though...this definitely deserves to get more attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.