[Suggestion] Plugin Changes

Samalot

First Step
Firstly, I am really enjoying my time on the server! However, I think there is room for improvement and after playing here for around a month, I have a collection of suggestions.

Throughout my suggestions I shall provide links to possible plugins which could be of use. my knowledge on plugin compatibility is limited - whilst my linked plugins may end up not being suitable, they should still act as a good thought exercise.

1) Heads

Is it intentional that random heads drop when you die?

Since you don't get the head of the player you actually kill... the value of heads to me is virtually non-existent. It would be awesome if this could be fixed!

Possible plugin : DropHeads (Basic)
Possible plugin: HeadHunter (Includes head value)

Also, is it completely necessary to have duplicates of all the mob heads? "MHF_Pig" and the vanilla pigs head?

2) Bounty

This is a difficult one as the current bounty system is pretty complete, however I don't see it being used nearly as much as I think it could be.

I think part of the problem is that the GUI at spawn is very difficult to navigate. I'm not really sure how it could be fixed but I think something needs changing.

You could link a value to each players head and when you kill a player, (receiving the trophy head), you could sell it.

3) Duels

Possible plugin: Duels

A system that allows players to safely challenge others to a 1v1, for the fun or it or for a monetary reward!

I see a lot of people complaining about unfair fights, with ambushes and so on. This would allow for a structured way to host real, fair, fights.

4) Random Ideas.

So, the following are just links to plugins I came across that look fun. I haven't really thought too much about how well balanced they would be... I just thought that they look neat!

I shall update this thread if I get any more idea! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

H3X

Stone Miner
I really like the duels one.

crazygurlisshy

Zombie Killer
1) Yeah I think having the heads thing fixed would be nice as well.
2) I'm pretty sure you can just /bounty [name] [amount] so you don't have to use the GUI, also it sends a message in chat that everyone in Factions can see.
3) In my opinion, I don't think Duels are a necessary part of Factions, I could see it in something like KitPvP but not really in Factions mostly because the point of Factions is to be the strongest faction (so a group of players who fight other groups to be the best).
4) Personally I haven't seen too many people using horses, so I don't see a need for that plug in; though you can summon a horse with McMMO already by using apples. If you didn't know about it here is a link to the info about how to do it: http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/Taming

_PaniK

Zombie Killer
1. In my opinion, I think heads should have some sort of value not just collectiables.

2. Bounty is already a thing and I don't think anything is wrong with it.

3. I would personally love duels plug-in on anywhere on the server because then people actually can have a 1v1 without being rammed by one of the others teammate(s).

4. Horses aren't often used in Factions just for leather,etc. Not Useful :-P.