[question] Why Has The Carrot Sell Price @ Spawn Suddenly Dropped?

Tolly20_2014

Iron Miner
I was going to sell my stacks of carrots at spawn yesterday when I noticed this:
db05.png

Why has the carrot and potato sign been reduced to only a lousey 10sc?!?!?!? We all work hard making farms and selling carrots just for that work to go to nothing. Who was in charge of this decision because its just redicious to nurf all the work the ranks and members have been doing. We spent time to design our efficient farms/grinders to reduce the amount of BORING stuff we need to do in order to do FUN stuff ( I say that as greiferes are plently and the only way to protect your amazing builds is sponges). I would like the person who changed this sign into the farce it is to tell us why, I can understand the decision behind the 500sc B.S pumpkin farms but this is just too far.

What do you think? leave your thoughts below

-Tolly20

ShadowRaze45

First Step
I agree with everything you've said. An 80% cut on something that everyone used without an explanation is unacceptable in my opinion. Selling potatoes was the only way i made money on the server as a non rank. Mining for ores would take too long and just take the fun out of playing on the server for me and buying minerals from shops and selling it back to the server just wouldnt give the same returns. Honestly I think this was an unfair change and its done more harm than good. Hopefully it gets changed back or at least changed to something more fair.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
I agree, carrots were the only way I made a solid cash flow... And now that I only get 1/5 of this, all that work and time in making a huge carrot farm has also been cut into only 1/5 of it's original value... As Tolly said, I can understand removing pumpkins, since it was a little too easy to make money... But I believe that carrots should be brought back to $50 a stack, or raised at least to $35-$40.

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
I think the prices were changed to prepare for the update and the new money-making possibilities. (This is what I think it was for but there may be other reasons)

valdemarian

Zombie Killer
This is due to rabbits being introduced into minecraft 1.8, They will breed until the world is conquered.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
I think the prices were changed to prepare for the update and the new money-making possibilities. (This is what I think it was for but there may be other reasons)

Ohhh... that makes sense. Well, if that's the case, then I hope there's a good way to make money to sort of compensate for this degrade XD

OP
OP
T

Tolly20_2014

Iron Miner
Is it possible to have someone who made the decision, like iiaaron or iibass? (I don't know who did) come out and explain why the price has dropped officially.