Can Snapcraft make a west coast proxy pretty please?

Should West Coast be added along with East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infectious

Gold Miner
I know that the most likely answer is no, but I think my main reason for not being interested in snapcraft as much as I used to when I first came, is because of my ping (and of course the server itself). I am a west coast player and I have pretty darn fast internet.(180mbps). Yet I still get around 190ms to all the minigame servers. Sometimes when I get a lag spike, I have hit upto 3742ms. (NOTE: The servers ping plugin development is down for a bit so I suggest using a different one in the meantime) . Also I think that snapcraft is capable of hosting a western proxy too. I and many other players consider ourselves good players or such, but since the server is 1.8 there are a few bugs in hit registry. Add that with my bad ping and you can see why I get railed in the server's pvp aspect.
Now there are some "eu" players who can still do good, but thats just a few. I dont mind delay, its just when my hits dont register at all. I am a pretty old player on this server, and I remember when the server was once west coast. I averaged 45ms and I LOVED the minigames, mostly EG and LLB. KitPvP was also fun. Infact I preferred EG over much more "popular" minigames from other servers such as skywars. But ever since the host change I kinda started to lose my liking of the game, since I love eg but I cant play to my full potential. Okay now I understand that this thread has been pretty selfish till now, but I think every should be given a chance to have decent connections. If the server is not interested then I wont question any further.
Also in the near future, the server should try making a Modded 1.8 client. It should give better ping locations too, like the Badlion client. Although I dont expect anything of that level, the staff and developers should atleast consider thinking about this. I think I have made my point in this thread. Leave your opinion, but dont be too mean please. After all, im just a fellow minecrafter who just wants to have fun.

Last edited:

valdemarian

Zombie Killer
A basic paragraph structure usually consists of five sentences: the topic sentence, three supporting sentences, and a concluding sentence.
Wall of text will mostly go ignored, you could try using a vpn yourself instead of depending on administration to cater to a very small percentage of players with the same issue.

valdemarian

Zombie Killer
A basic paragraph structure usually consists of five sentences: the topic sentence, three supporting sentences, and a concluding sentence.
Wall of text will mostly gone ignored, you could try using a vpn yourself instead of depending on administration to cater to a very small percentage of players with th

_PaniK

Zombie Killer
Hmm that's odd. In from the West Coast and have my normal ping of 60ms and with lag spikes sometimes, at maximum, 140ms. I think this wouldn't be needed since it's isolating the other parts of the states to not have a proxy (I believe this is true, correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm not sure
@Twiggy Thoughts?

OP
OP
Infectious

Infectious

Gold Miner
Wall of text will mostly gone ignored, you could try using a vpn yourself instead of depending on administration to cater to a very small percentage of players with th
I'm not making this thread to satisfy your grammarly needs. This was a suggestion. And please don't say I "can't rely on server administration". All I did was ask if Snapcraft can make a West coast proxy. Well please don't take this as any disrespect anyways. I will use proper paragraphing if that's what it takes to "not get ignored" on a forum where staff can look at suggestions/questions so that they can help.

OP
OP
Infectious

Infectious

Gold Miner
Hmm that's odd. In from the West Coast and have my normal ping of 60ms and with lag spikes sometimes, at maximum, 140ms. I think this wouldn't be needed since it's isolating the other parts of the states to not have a proxy (I believe this is true, correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm not sure
@Twiggy Thoughts?
Yes, what you said is very true. Although your 60ms is kinda weird. Maybe it's because ATT is not as good as any xfinity connection. But even with 400mbps my friend averages 95ms. That ain't too bad, but again the hit reg comes in. Not gonna lie the server is heck fun though. I also don't wanna deny any server a connection. Two proxies in the US. One in the east and IN THE FUTURE, a West coast one. Although I do wanna see what Twiggy has to say.

Holden

Stone Miner
I dont currently live on the west coast but yes, as maarten said it would only slow things down.

OP
OP
Infectious

Infectious

Gold Miner
A west coast proxy would only delay you more. because the servers itself would rain on the east coast.
Thank for giving a reply that answers my question. But how does a server in the west delay me more? I'm not the best geek when it comes to connections so yea.

OP
OP
Infectious

Infectious

Gold Miner
Well you guys have made your point so I won't complain anymore. Ill just try my best to avoid getting tossed by a 60 ms player.

EDIT: Love the new 1.7 kitpvp! Also like I mentioned in the thread Snapcraft should temporarily change the /ping plugin. Since the developers are fixing some issues. The command currently shows as an error so there's that xD.

AshlandGaming

First Step
The server is 1.8 because of a protocol plugin. It isn't too complicated.

Here's a guide on how to reduce ping.

Remember this. It's coming from someone who knows about networking and programming.

I get around 100ms ping and I'm not even in America. It's OK. Wouldn't it be great to have 20ms, 40ms or 50ms? Lovely! What about 500ns? Yes, nanoseconds.

Ping depends on the networks you travel through. How fast is it getting to your router or your ISP? Level3 or other Tier 1 networks your ISP may go through?

Traceroute might help you find the problems.

It doesn't matter if you've got 100mbps or 1Gbps download speeds. This is just how much data you can receive in a second, not how long it takes to reach something.

You're lucky you have Internet. It costs more than millions to provide it.

0x0A (100ms)
0x0A (105ms)
0x0A (120ms)
0x0A (108ms)
0x0A (198ms)

It's some packets! Work that adapter. Work that router. Work that ISP! Work the Level3! Work Snapcraft (no don't. it deserves peace!).

They're also encrypted :-( at least you can play Minecraft without getting sniffed well.

This is why we shouldn't be gamers. They play 24/7. Do something more constructive like learning about specifications (802.11) or how to program.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Infectious

Infectious

Gold Miner
The server is 1.8 because of a protocol plugin. It isn't too complicated.

Here's a guide on how to reduce ping.

Remember this. It's coming from someone who knows about networking and programming.

I get around 100ms ping and I'm not even in America. It's OK. Wouldn't it be great to have 20ms, 40ms or 50ms? Lovely! What about 500ns? Yes, nanoseconds.

Ping depends on the networks you travel through. How fast is it getting to your router or your ISP? Level3 or other Tier 1 networks your ISP may go through?

Traceroute might help you find the problems.

It doesn't matter if you've got 100mbps or 1Gbps download speeds. This is just how much data you can receive in a second, not how long it takes to reach something.

You're lucky you have Internet. It costs more than millions to provide it.

0x0A (100ms)
0x0A (105ms)
0x0A (120ms)
0x0A (108ms)
0x0A (198ms)

It's some packets! Work that adapter. Work that router. Work that ISP! Work the Level3! Work Snapcraft (no don't. it deserves peace!).

They're also encrypted :-( at least you can play Minecraft without getting sniffed well.

This is why we shouldn't be gamers. They play 24/7. Do something more constructive like learning about specifications (802.11) or how to program.
This is sarcasm from me so yea. I'm not the best at networking stuff but I don't think you may say that last line to me when there is gaming in your name itself. Also I'm moving to a Xfinity 250mbps location so I'll see if that "makes a difference".

Now this isn't sarcasm. At the start of your reply you said this will help me reduce my ping. Whereas the way you said it made it sound like in saying I'm not thankful for what internet I have. Which is kinda rude even though I know you didn't mean it. Thank you for your view on this though

OP
OP
Infectious

Infectious

Gold Miner
A west coast proxy would only delay you more. because the servers itself would rain on the east coast.

Will there be a server HOSTED in the west with the same server files anytime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.