I've Been Wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

St0n3henge

Iron Miner
I think it's about time I knew.
What's with the creative blocks? Who put them there? How did they get in survival in the first place?

I hate it when I go to tear down an old build for salvage and: "Oh, Snap! That was a creative block!"
Why can't I have them if nobody else is using them?

Backus

Void Walker
Creative blocks are placed by players in the creative gamemode, with King rank and above. They do not drop because it would be unfair for a player to place a stack of whatever in GMC for no cost at all, and someone to come along and harvest them for profit/use without paying for them - just a way of duping if they were able to be dropped.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
I agree. It is survival and there isn't supposed to be any creative-related gamemodes in survival. Thats what creative is there for.

OP
OP
St0n3henge

St0n3henge

Iron Miner
Okay, but A lot of those players are no longer still in the game. So there are tons of half-built and half torn down things out there with expensive blocks and no one can get them. Not even the original player because they no longer play.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
But creative is used to bulid things, while survival is used to make people survive. So people using creative in survival and actually take advantages like attacking people with no damage taken.

Backus

Void Walker
The original player can't get them either.
The blocks are placed in creative mode, meaning they can just spawn them in, so they should not be able to be picked up if they were just spawned in at no cost.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
I know

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
I think it's about time I knew.
What's with the creative blocks? Who put them there? How did they get in survival in the first place?

I hate it when I go to tear down an old build for salvage and: "Oh, Snap! That was a creative block!"
Why can't I have them if nobody else is using them?
I feel that the creative ability should be removed, or at least nerfed some how. As for removing the blocks, I can already see issues with players placing diamond blocks for friends, and or alt accounts. This is one of the several reasons we cannot currently remove these placed blocks. Perhaps we should have some type of timer on the blocks placed. If the players are offline for(3 days for this example), then those blocks are now breakable. That way all players who go offline for too long//quit will no longer have a long term effect on other players.

XxJumboMCxX

Iron Miner
It is very nerfed, and also removing this ability would be ripping off and scamming many players who mostly paid for this ability. And we cant place diamond blocks either...

Status
Not open for further replies.