Big issue with KIT PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwr98

First Step
So im going to start of by telling you that I was muted for Bypassing the filter on the KIT PVP server, and I have no problem with it because I broke the rules. The only thing i have a problem with, is the rule itself.

I think we all would agree that SnapCraft would like to be as successful as possible and rise up into the high ranks of best MineCraft servers. Sadly this rule is holding you back. If you did not already guess, the rule is that you cannot shout accuse hackers. In a way this does not allow you to draw attention to them because you cant get the word out.

In kit pvp servers, the more people that accuse someone of hacking the better. Staff will actually be able to point out who is hacking by player input and the hacker himself will end up being scared that they are going to get caught because everyone knows.

By not allowing players to have this type of free opinionated input the chance that kit pvp sees less hackers is close to none and any bright minded individual should be able to see this. The hackers on your server are not scared and they do not care. No one calls them out so whats the chance there going to get caught? I used to be part of many servers when i played mine craft ritually and i can not tell you how many times i caught a cheater and banned them because of what the chat was telling me. I could never monitor 70+ people in a kit pvp lobby so i relied on the player base to let me know who they thought was hacking.

The reality of the situation is that you are scared of having to deal with these hackers and thats the reason you made the rule that does not allow you to talk about it in game. You would rather just ban the 10% of hackers that are actually reported online because its easier, than to actually put work into your server by watching the KIT PVP area and listening to chat.

Oh and I would also like to give thanks to GeorgieMC for the 24 hour mute! Instead of maybe going to see if the kid was hacking, which he blatantly had a 6 block reach and Forcefield (headsnaps were unreal), GeorgieMC decided it would be fun to mute me instead because he didnt want to to do the hard work.

Its not as easy as you guys think to report a hacker. Almost all of your playerbase does not have the capability to record and provide evidence. Pictures do not do justice when it comes to hacking bans.

I have only been playing on this server for a few days, but i have seen more hackers than i have on any other KIT PVP server. If you want less hackers in the KIT PVP experience, you need to remove that rule. If you dont #RIPKITPVP

Now, just to leave off, if you decide to ban me for speaking my opinion and calling out one of your staff members for not doing an adequate job, so be it. Just know, if i am banned for this post then your server is corrupt, against free speech, and will never go anywhere without other opinions.

And also, if you decide to lock this thread you will not be able to receive the player input from anyone else, meaning you dont care about your player base.

Thank you,
jwr98

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
Hey!

If we where to remove the rule, their would be multiple issues that would arise from it.

One- Spam would become much more frequent, and push out most of the other messages.

Two- Players who are NOT hacking but are being accused would become suspects. Staff would then need to waste their time to go and make sure that they are not the ones doing the hacking.

If you don't want to become banned from all the things listed at the end of your messages:

"Now, just to leave off, if you decide to ban me for speaking my opinion and calling out one of your staff members for not doing an adequate job, so be it. Just know, if i am banned for this post then your server is corrupt, against free speech, and will never go anywhere without other opinions.

And also, if you decide to lock this thread you will not be able to receive the player input from anyone else, meaning you dont care about your player base."

Simply put, you just don't say these types of things in chat and or the forums. Remember:

"Sensible, well thought-out speech will make everyone’s day a lot better. Please remember that the server is a public service, and there are plenty of players who are similar to you on the other side of the screen."

We would combat this issue with something like a /report system. It will notify staff currently online, that you have said that ______ is breaking the rules in some form or another. Even though many players may not have an ability to record videos, players who do can make all the difference.

Best regards,

TheNextHero <3

OP
OP
J

jwr98

First Step
The simple question i would ask is why i would not say what i have said?

""Now, just to leave off, if you decide to ban me for speaking my opinion and calling out one of your staff members for not doing an adequate job, so be it. Just know, if i am banned for this post then your server is corrupt, against free speech, and will never go anywhere without other opinions.

And also, if you decide to lock this thread you will not be able to receive the player input from anyone else, meaning you dont care about your player base."" This is a simple set of protection against someone who is butt hurt. Trust me, ive been banned many times for speaking my mind even if it is in line with the rules. Simply put, people get mad when they are not right and thats why i included that excerpt.

Simply put, you just don't say these types of things in chat and or the forums. Remember:

"Sensible, well thought-out speech will make everyone’s day a lot better. Please remember that the server is a public service, and there are plenty of players who are similar to you on the other side of the screen."

Also i dont really understand if you are taking a "jab" at me by calling my writing nonsense and not well thought out. If not, i do not really know why that would apply in this situation? What i have said is clearly thought out and listed well. Ill join in on that part of the arguement because your reasons are quite invalid.
If we where to remove the rule, their would be multiple issues that would arise from it.

One- Spam would become much more frequent, and push out most of the other messages.

Two- Players who are NOT hacking but are being accused would become suspects. Staff would then need to waste their time to go and make sure that they are not the ones doing the hacking.

For reason one, its a complete lie. First off this is KIT PVP with 60 people, no one talks. The server makes more spam than anyone. The server spams so much that i had to make my chat box smaller so it wouldn't get in the way. Seriously if you ever played Kit pvp you would notice the only thing in chat is that rainbow line thing, a couple of kill streak notifications, and who combat logged. (Ill post a photo of the server chat spam below).

Second, if you are going to call someone out for hacks you should be able to tell. If someone is obviously hacking and has head snaps and a 6 block reach then no doubt accuse them. But with common sense you should be able to see whos hacking and not. If an admin can not take at least 10 seconds to watch one person fight then what are they doing. If someone is accused, the admin checks on them if they are not hacking, all they have to do is say "I checked on them, they are not hacking".

Both of your reasons point to laziness and not wanting to do anything about the situation and it is obvious. You are avoiding responsibility and i am sorry for you.

Thank you,
jwr98

Attachments

• 2017-12-05_21.16.55.png
    2017-12-05_21.16.55.png
    105 KB · Views: 179

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
The simple question i would ask is why i would not say what i have said?

""Now, just to leave off, if you decide to ban me for speaking my opinion and calling out one of your staff members for not doing an adequate job, so be it. Just know, if i am banned for this post then your server is corrupt, against free speech, and will never go anywhere without other opinions.

And also, if you decide to lock this thread you will not be able to receive the player input from anyone else, meaning you dont care about your player base."" This is a simple set of protection against someone who is butt hurt. Trust me, ive been banned many times for speaking my mind even if it is in line with the rules. Simply put, people get mad when they are not right and thats why i included that excerpt.

Also i dont really understand if you are taking a "jab" at me by calling my writing nonsense and not well thought out. If not, i do not really know why that would apply in this situation? What i have said is clearly thought out and listed well. Ill join in on that part of the arguement because your reasons are quite invalid.

For reason one, its a complete lie. First off this is KIT PVP with 60 people, no one talks. The server makes more spam than anyone. The server spams so much that i had to make my chat box smaller so it wouldn't get in the way. Seriously if you ever played Kit pvp you would notice the only thing in chat is that rainbow line thing, a couple of kill streak notifications, and who combat logged. (Ill post a photo of the server chat spam below).

Second, if you are going to call someone out for hacks you should be able to tell. If someone is obviously hacking and has head snaps and a 6 block reach then no doubt accuse them. But with common sense you should be able to see whos hacking and not. If an admin can not take at least 10 seconds to watch one person fight then what are they doing. If someone is accused, the admin checks on them if they are not hacking, all they have to do is say "I checked on them, they are not hacking".

Both of your reasons point to laziness and not wanting to do anything about the situation and it is obvious. You are avoiding responsibility and i am sorry for you.

Thank you,
jwr98
I'm just going to point this out one last time, and then leave it at that because we don't need an argument. Notice the rule is on "Hackusating". It is the saying that one is hacking without solid evidence. I can't believe the amount of this that goes on in other servers. For example, bad lion. I can go play some kit PvP, and players left an' right are saying things like "Nice Hacks", "Hacker!!" simply because they were killed by another. Like I said, a /report command would remove the issue of spam in chat, and also gets staffs attention. I'm not taking a jab at you... That came from the rules section:

"Respect All Users
Everyone playing is a human, please treat each other respectfully. Please be mindful of your communication, and respectful to others. We will not tolerate the following:

• Toxicity
  • General discrimination
  • Offensive remarks
  • Provocative communication
  • Harassment
Sensible, well thought-out speech will make everyone’s day a lot better. Please remember that the server is a public service, and there are plenty of players who are similar to you on the other side of the screen."

Their is no reason for you as a player to be snippy at staff members and other players. The issue effects everyone, and needs to be looked over. Saying things like that is moving the server into no good direction. Just state the issue, concerns, and if possible a set solution. Staff in this server take a great deal of time to help others, to better the server. Once again, me and you should put this little argument aside, and talk about a solution to the problem. <3

LukeLovesBananas

Gold Miner
I'll be honest and say I haven't read all of the comment to this thread but the point is there are plenty of other ways to report a player other than hackusating, You can message a member of staff or make a ticket on the forums. If you don't listen to the rules then don't expect to not be punished for your actions.

Maybe just think about what your doing before you say something you know you shouldn't and in the future things like this wont happen ;-)

Ps: Your not going to get banned for a thread you made on the forums. xD

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
The whole point of the rules is to prevent negative chat which adds to a better player experieince. The warnings is clear and easy you can make a player report on the website or message staff. By messaging staff you still get the same result most likely even better since PMs stand out way more!

Status
Not open for further replies.