Maintenance update

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker

JWok

Tree Puncher
No other things than ranks will be restored, as stated in the OP and Maarten also telling me. They are SOOO neglecting at their customers >:(

Holden

Stone Miner
Thats just lame Holden, because of inadequate maintenance we loose our stuff ?!?
Yeah, That's the reason, they make all this money and they can't invest in better equipment! I find that very hard to believe.

JustBeingMyself

First Step
I think it more the reason to reset Faction because most people kept their main and best stuff at echests and it got cleared out and everyone is mad now for loosing it . Because waste of time and their efforts getting it

Pillowcase

Tree Puncher
NOOO MY STUFF

Air_Racer64

Zombie Killer
Thanks for telling us, things happen, hard drive failures are rare, but good response time, I already reclaimed my rank, so all is good. Also, Hope you have a wonderful day, and if not I hope it gets better! :-D8-|

Air_Racer64

Zombie Killer
Thanks for telling us, things happen, hard drive failures are rare, but good response time, I already reclaimed my rank, so all is good. Also hope you have a wonderful day, and if not I hope it gets better! :-D8-|:)

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
I'm here today to bring you very unfortunate news about the recent hard drive failures.

What happened?
Despite our attempts to recover all of the data from our databases, some of the data was corrupted to an extent that made it unrecoverable and we were not able to restore those databases. When our system dev tried recovering the databases from our backups we stumbled upon another huge issue- the way we back up the SQL data is deprecated and was ment for an older setup of our machines, this was not changed when we updated the software setup on all of our backend machines. This led to the SQL data from the backups being unusable.

How could this happen?
Hard drive failures are very rare but unfortunately do happen, our main database server had a hard drive failure causing all data on the server to be lost.
We have recently made a lot of changes to the hardware and software setup on our backend servers to provide you with the best possible experience on our servers while ensuring as little downtime as possible. Unfortunately though, because we tried to maintain as little downtime as possible we have to do these kind of migrations very slowly over a couple of weeks so that you do not notice it happening and you can still enjoy playing on our servers. Because we were in the middle of the migration some of our systems (backup scripts) were running in a way that only worked to back up the SQL on our older backend servers.

What data is lost?
The following data is completely gone and we can not do anything to recover it
  • kitpvp_enderchest (Enderchest contents on KitPVP)
  • levels (All global levels)
  • permissions (All saved permissions & ranks)
  • points (Skill Points)
  • prison_enderchests (Enderchest contents on Prison)
  • prison_mcmmo (mcMMO levels on Prison)
  • skyblock_enderchests (Enderchest contents on Skyblock)
  • skyblock_mcmmo (mcMMO levels on Skyblock)

What now?
We have taken immediate measures to prevent this from happening in the future.
All players will have lost their rank, but it can be reclaimed for free through our store here: https://store.snapcraft.net/category/1081949
The server will be online again shortly after this has been posted.
Thank you for explaining the issue, I hope that it wont take too long to reclaim my levels.

(Side note: Sorry to those insane Skyblock players who went from Island level 16k something to level 1....)

Pillowcase

Tree Puncher
They can restore ranks because they were bought from /buy which is probably recorded differently. They cannot restore some stuff because that data was irreversibly lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.