Farm items price raised

• Yes!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No!

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Smexynub

Tree Puncher
Ok, before you say anything hear me out, Skyblock is designed for the creation of farms and grinders, the moment someone buys an spawner ig/creeper it seems that they have been set for life. Barely anyone builds farms anymore, not to mention the tiny profits from pretty much every farm. Although farms may be a great starting point they fall way behind the amazing grinders that the Skyblock community have built. However although this may seem great, people neglect their islands.. Alot, people who have over a million dollars seem to have small cobblestone islands with an attempted cactus farm, them soon realising that grinding from other people's mob spawners a greater alternative, then buying their own spawners. Currently it seems that Skyblock has become a battle over spawners. There are challenges and mcmmo to urge people to build farms but however the effect is minimal. In Skyblock we show off our amazing builds to the community and humongous ones at that, and the beauty that can be brought from a Skyblock island. Some people including but not limited to Nick, ddoe and rad. These people all have amazing islands with a correlation between both spawners and islands, kinda like a Ying and a yang.

What I propose is to increase the prices of farmed items eg. Pumpkins, melons, sugarcane and so on. Just increasing the price would not cause a fluctuation in the economy however create a fluctuation on people's islands. To reduce lag an piston or a sand limit may have to be arranged to fit the needs of the server. This would give the newbies a chance to acually earn money for themselves and not have to rely on a external party to make money for them. And for the newbies to create these farms they would need money for materials, and these materials would come from the money made off spawners grinders, ultimate leading back to making islands greater.

Please consider this
And I hope to see more beautiful islands poping up soon

Last edited:

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
Ok, before you say anything hear me out, Skyblock is designed for the creation of farms and grinders, the moment someone buys an spawner ig/creeper it seems that they have been set for life. Barely anyone builds farms anymore, not to mention the tiny profits from pretty much every farm. Although farms may be a great starting point they fall way behind the amazing grinders that the Skyblock community have built. However although this may seem great, people neglect their islands.. Alot, people who have over a million dollars seem to have small cobblestone islands with an attempted cactus farm, them soon realising that grinding from other people's mob spawners a greater alternative, then buying their own spawners. Currently it seems that Skyblock has become a battle over spawners. There are challenges and mcmmo to urge people to build farms but however the effect is minimal. In Skyblock we show off our amazing builds to the community and humongous ones at that, and the beauty that can be brought from a Skyblock island. Some people including but not limited to Nick, ddoe and rad. These people all have amazing islands with a correlation between both spawners and islands, kinda like a Ying and a yang.

What I propose is not to get rid of spawners, hell no, however increase the prices of farmed items eg. Pumpkins, melons, sugarcane and so on. Just increasing the price would not cause a fluctuation in the economy however create a fluctuation on people's islands. To reduce lag an piston or a sand limit may have to be arranged to fit the needs of the server. This would give the newbies a chance to acually earn money for themselves and not have to rely on a external party to make money for them.

Please consider this
Currently, the way the system works is fairly simple: Work hard, earn lots. It takes time at first, a lot of dedication. However, once you get through that stage you're set. I think that is how it should be. If we were to raise the farming price, it would be a lot easier to progress. Skyblock in my opinion is supposed to be a challenge. I would just like to also mention that the players who have that amount of money started of as newbies at some point too, and worked their way up! Its a little unfair to them and a lot of other players to start giving others a big head start, when they had to work hard for what they have gained.

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer

What I propose is not to get rid of spawners, hell no, however increase the prices of farmed items eg. Pumpkins, melons, sugarcane and so on. Just increasing the price would not cause a fluctuation in the economy however create a fluctuation on people's islands. To reduce lag an piston or a sand limit may have to be arranged to fit the needs of the server. This would give the newbies a chance to acually earn money for themselves and not have to rely on a external party to make money for them.

Please consider this
Currently, the way the system works is fairly simple: Work hard, earn lots. It takes time at first, a lot of dedication. However, once you get through that stage you're set. I think that is how it should be. If we were to raise the farming price, it would be a lot easier to progress. Skyblock in my opinion is supposed to be a challenge. I would just like to also mention that the players who have that amount of money started of as newbies at some point too, and worked their way up! Its a little unfair to them and a lot of other players to start giving others a big head start, when they had to work hard for what they have gained.

OP
OP
Smexynub

Smexynub

Tree Puncher

its not just all work hard earn lots, although for some people this may be the case however it seems more to be like afk, earn lots. and once you get thought that stage and aim to make farms and get spawners, no you're not set. Today i was helping a guy with 300k build a collection point for his 9 cactus cactus farm, (previously he had used 9 hoppers to collect all the cactus, he had an island, with a failed cobble gen, a few spawned animals and a lot of messy cobblestone. he had no idea how anything worked. without learning how to make these things in the first place you would need continuous help from other people to either make or help them make these farms. so its pretty much starting skyblock with 100k instead of the 200 you get. even if the prices get raised, i do not think at all that the people that had worked hard to get to the point they are would care about the increase in price, the so called "newbies" would still just continue to flock to these grinders even more in order to get money to build these farms to hopefully make their own money.See this as not a head start and more like a little push to ask the newbies to build farms.

I also while writing this thought why not make a /warp for tutorials on how to build farms/generators/spawner grinders etc.

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
its not just all work hard earn lots, although for some people this may be the case however it seems more to be like afk, earn lots. and once you get thought that stage and aim to make farms and get spawners, no you're not set. Today i was helping a guy with 300k build a collection point for his 9 cactus cactus farm, (previously he had used 9 hoppers to collect all the cactus, he had an island, with a failed cobble gen, a few spawned animals and a lot of messy cobblestone. he had no idea how anything worked. without learning how to make these things in the first place you would need continuous help from other people to either make or help them make these farms. so its pretty much starting skyblock with 100k instead of the 200 you get. even if the prices get raised, i do not think at all that the people that had worked hard to get to the point they are would care about the increase in price, the so called "newbies" would still just continue to flock to these grinders even more in order to get money to build these farms to hopefully make their own money.See this as not a head start and more like a little push to ask the newbies to build farms.

I also while writing this thought why not make a /warp for tutorials on how to build farms/generators/spawner grinders etc.
Part of Skyblock is learning how to do these things. You must admit, everyone learns at some point in time. And with AFK wins the game, to AFK once again you must have something to AFK. This inspires hard work, to then earn money and make a large money creator.

OP
OP
Smexynub

Smexynub

Tree Puncher
Part of Skyblock is learning how to do these things. You must admit, everyone learns at some point in time. And with AFK wins the game, to AFK once again you must have something to AFK. This inspires hard work, to then earn money and make a large money creator.

like I said, They use external parties (other grinders) to afk at, which does not inspire hard work to work on our islands
but it is quite true that we all learn at some point,but that point depends on if we quit or not.

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
like I said, They use external parties (other grinders) to afk at, which does not inspire hard work to work on our islands
but it is quite true that we all learn at some point,but that point depends on if we quit or not.
What I mean is... to get that AFK ability, you have to work hard at some point. Everyone must(Endless supporting the server, which is fair)work hard to get those spawners to begin with. A player cannot just simply buy a spawner, it takes a lot of cash. To get this cash, you must work hard.

OP
OP
Smexynub

Smexynub

Tree Puncher
What I mean is... to get that AFK ability, you have to work hard at some point. Everyone must(Endless supporting the server, which is fair)work hard to get those spawners to begin with. A player cannot just simply buy a spawner, it takes a lot of cash. To get this cash, you must work hard.

Fair enough, however like i said in doing so, players usually forget about building any other sorts of farms

Collie1121

Gold Miner
It's all about of the part of skyblock. Spawners like ig and creeper are expensive from /buy. So you get worth for your money. I know a server where the toprank was able to spawnerchange. I rahther have this. Just because of the fact stated above, Hard work pays off :)

OP
OP
Smexynub

Smexynub

Tree Puncher
It's all about of the part of skyblock. Spawners like ig and creeper are expensive from /buy. So you get worth for your money. I know a server where the toprank was able to spawnerchange. I rahther have this. Just because of the fact stated above, Hard work pays off :)
yeah, i just wish people would spend more time on their islands instead of just investing in spawners all the time

Themisto

Iron Miner
As explained above, spawners take a lot to work for, and once you have a grinder, you can set other goals such as upgrading your island.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Skyblock is supposed to be simple as any other money-building game. Once you set up your house/farm, then you keep building for more advanced equipment.