Should Cobwebs be removed in /warp end?

Do you think Cobwebs should be removed from /warp end?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisdundee

Tree Puncher
Then play their own game. Cobweb them and hit them back. They have to be close enough for you to trap and hit them if they can hit you.

The person trapping and killing you is most likely strafing around you to avoid getting hit, this would make it extremely difficult to trap them too and doing this won't guarantee your victory. 30/42 people voted against cobwebs so 30/42 people wouldn't bring cobwebs to a fight to trap the other person in the webs.

Last edited:

YourGamer

Iron Miner
The person hitting you is most likely strafing so it would be hard to accurately cobweb them, this is also really difficult to do and t

The person trapping and killing you is most likely strafing around you to avoid getting hit, this would make it extremely difficult to trap them too and doing this won't guarantee your victory. 30/42 people voted against cobwebs so 30/42 people wouldn't bring cobwebs to a fight to trap the other person in the webs.
In that 30/42, I'm in.

OP
OP
Squidz

Squidz

Zombie Killer
Then play their own game. Cobweb them and hit them back. They have to be close enough for you to trap and hit them if they can hit you.

The whole point is to remove the use of cobwebs in end, if I used them I'd be a huge hypocrite. Secondly, even if you do use cobwebs against them, it's still not a fair clean fight.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Cobwebs are a tool, and a source. Use a sword to easily break them.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Cobwebs are also a source of sadness, cause you know that your friends will get sad if they can't PvP because of cobwebs.

TheGamerDenisMc

Though I do agree that there should be a limit on how many cobwebs you can place...

Thklasen

Tree Puncher
The whole point is to remove the use of cobwebs in end, if I used them I'd be a huge hypocrite. Secondly, even if you do use cobwebs against them, it's still not a fair clean fight.
Nothing about faction pvp is “clean”. It’s about getting the upper hand in combat by any (legal) means.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
However, the goal of PvP in survival is to have a good fight. Would you consider using cobwebs a 'good fight'?

Spider webs are a tool. I say that it is fine using some spider webs, but not spamming it.
Plus, you can break spider webs with a sword.

Thklasen

Tree Puncher
However, the goal of PvP in survival is to have a good fight. Would you consider using cobwebs a 'good fight'?
What about having better gear that your opponent? Is that a good fight? Or their lag? Or 2/3/4 v 1ing players? None of those are “good fights”. But that’s pvp.

What irks me is that everything is good and fair to people if it suits them. I had issues with another unnamed server because the people at the end would hunt down and kill players and take their stuff just for fun. But they got so salty when the player escaped by jumping off the end or PVing their stuff, even if that person never wanted to fight in the first place.

Cobwebs are a tool used by people who are less apt at pvp. Sure it sucks to be cobwebbed but that’s pvp.

YourGamer

Iron Miner
What about having better gear that your opponent? Is that a good fight? Or their lag? Or 2/3/4 v 1ing players? None of those are “good fights”. But that’s pvp.

What irks me is that everything is good and fair to people if it suits them. I had issues with another unnamed server because the people at the end would hunt down and kill players and take their stuff just for fun. But they got so salty when the player escaped by jumping off the end or PVing their stuff, even if that person never wanted to fight in the first place.

Cobwebs are a tool used by people who are less apt at pvp. Sure it sucks to be cobwebbed but that’s pvp.
Are you trying to tell us that we should let trollers using cobwebs at PvP, or that we should prevent that?

Thklasen

Tree Puncher
Are you trying to tell us that we should let trollers using cobwebs at PvP, or that we should prevent that?
I’m saying that cobweb trolls, as annoying as they are (yes, I would be super peed off if I was cobwebbed), it is still fair and legit even if it’s a dirty move. And there is nothing keeping you from doing the same.

YourGamer

Iron Miner
I’m saying that cobweb trolls, as annoying as they are (yes, I would be super peed off if I was cobwebbed), it is still fair and legit even if it’s a dirty move. And there is nothing keeping you from doing the same.
Then, why not forbidding building at the End? If we do, no one can put cobwebs while PvP'ing. Not to forget all the bizarre builds we find at the End every week. No joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.