2 questions

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
hi

2 questions for the staff :

how come when I die my stuff disapear in like seconds ? I have the same problem every time I die. for instance, I got killed by a creeper like 10 minutes ago, it took me like not more than a minute to get at the place where i got killed, and yet, there was nothing.
and that was the exact same place where I died, I remember because it was just by my house.
plus, it doesn't have anything to do with the clear lag.

and last but not least, since I've never been muted, how come most of the time people don't see my messages in the chat ? they can see my private messages tho.

thanks !

~Crafter~

Blaze Estinguisher
Clear lag may have happened after you died, unluckily for you.

People cannot see all messages in chat, only messages which have been sent through shout. To get shout you have to have a rank. To use shout put an ! before your chat

OP
OP
SuperBarricade

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
i already said it had nothing to do with the clear lag. the clear lag happened like 5 minutes right after i died.

OP
OP
SuperBarricade

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
Clear lag may have happened after you died, unluckily for you.

People cannot see all messages in chat, only messages which have been sent through shout. To get shout you have to have a rank. To use shout put an ! before your chat

oh by the way, how come do we have to have a rank to use the the shout command ? it's kinda like preventing poor people who cant afford a rank to talk to everyone.

excuse me for what i'll say but it kinda sucks to talk in the chat and not being read by everyone. reminds me of north korea, china and so on (#sarcasm).
if you tell me that it is to prevent the chat from being spammed, well then why don't you start by getting rid of those auto messages when someone is voting ?

CoxBrothers

Emerald Miner
oh by the way, how come do we have to have a rank to use the the shout command ? it's kinda like preventing poor people who cant afford a rank to talk to everyone.

excuse me for what i'll say but it kinda sucks to talk in the chat and not being read by everyone. reminds me of north korea, china and so on (#sarcasm).
if you tell me that it is to prevent the chat from being spammed, well then why don't you start by getting rid of those auto messages when someone is voting ?
For the most part I've seen a lot of un shouted messages (from ranked and unranked players). And I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think shout only really matters if you want to shout through dimensions (like from the overworld to the end or nether).

tancayo

Tree Puncher
Maybe your stuff de-spawned because you were too far away? idk if you have a spawn point setup or not. Maybe if you died and spawned at the main spawn-hub, then your stuff probably disappeared because no one was in the chunk that your things were in. idk im just guessing.

Also, i think that talking in chat depends on how far away you are from someone. Like, if you tried to talk to me at spawn but you were at your house over 5000 blocks away, it might not pop up in my chat but in the chat of people around you. Cause you need to imagine this: the survival server is HUGE and if everyone can talk in chat and everyone else could see it, chat would be a mess. There would be like 50 people trying to talk all at once and there would also be game notifications and stuff that would pop up. It would be a mess. Just a thought, cause I played in a server once that had a 5000 block chat radius.

shnarpyasian

First Step
yeah you can only talk locally. It kinda suck to be outside of the conversation sometimes I know. I just got VIP+ and it was on sale. If you want to talk to people you should go to dense crowds like at the end or spawn. I also recommend getting VIP if its important to you to be able to chat with everyone (although you can fly with VIP+) and get it while its on sale. Just FYI its now not ! before your sentence anymore but its /g for shout (idk why, it used to be the guild command)
thanks hope this helps!

OP
OP
SuperBarricade

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
it's not that it is THAT important, it's just that it sucks that u have to pay irl money in order to talk to everyone ! i mean if you people don't get that you should try to head to north korea ^^

just joking. plus, it's DEEPLY frustrating to see the chat being spammed (like it was today for instance) by players and some helpers. when you see the chat being spammed by some "omg i overslept last" "i'm tired" and so on... it IS frustrating.

i mean, just use the freaking /msg command for crying out loud, or just go to some place all together so u can talk to each other about you lives we don't even care about. because i dont give a flying F### about the fact that you took a shower in the morning (true story, they were really using the !shout to talk about that kind of stuff), even some staff (oups ! i said it)

SnapCraftPanda

Iron Miner
hi

2 questions for the staff :

how come when I die my stuff disapear in like seconds ? I have the same problem every time I die. for instance, I got killed by a creeper like 10 minutes ago, it took me like not more than a minute to get at the place where i got killed, and yet, there was nothing.
and that was the exact same place where I died, I remember because it was just by my house.
plus, it doesn't have anything to do with the clear lag.

and last but not least, since I've never been muted, how come most of the time people don't see my messages in the chat ? they can see my private messages tho.

thanks !
Sometime explosions destroy items?