Have I been hacked?

AshlandGaming

First Step
Hi

I believe my Minecraft account has been used from my computer by someone else.

First of all, I notice some activity on my network with a different MAC address. I've got an Apache server with PHP for my web development. It's on localhost but it can be accessed from the network.

However, it has a few vulnerable functions (allow PHP to be executed over a parameter). The worst thing is it can do global links. So, guess what a script kiddie did! Hacked my computer and ruined my Snap life.

I've shutdown my server immediately because of this. Oh, well. At least it didn't have root access.

I will not take further action. I wonder why my computer said 'hacked'. Who would join your secured WiFi network and hack you?

Could it be the reverse proxies I used?

This is not a ban appeal.

Thank you
Ashland.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Um...is there a support ticket for these kind of situations?

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
Um...is there a support ticket for these kind of situations?
Erm... no. In the rules section it states(I am going to paraphrase this cuss I don't want to go all the way to the rules section to copy and paste this):

"We see your minecraft account as one person, hacked or not. You are responsible for said account, and we will treat it as one user. If your account be haxed, then well bro you should have done better protecting it.".

After this part of the rules if I am not wrong they just tell you to protect your account well, and ya that's it.

Hi

I believe my Minecraft account has been used from my computer by someone else.

First of all, I notice some activity on my network with a different MAC address. I've got an Apache server with PHP for my web development. It's on localhost but it can be accessed from the network.

However, it has a few vulnerable functions (allow PHP to be executed over a parameter). The worst thing is it can do global links. So, guess what a script kiddie did! Hacked my computer and ruined my Snap life.

I've shutdown my server immediately because of this. Oh, well. At least it didn't have root access.

I will not take further action. I wonder why my computer said 'hacked'. Who would join your secured WiFi network and hack you?

Could it be the reverse proxies I used?

This is not a ban appeal.

Thank you
Ashland.
As for you, my good sir.. Anyone may hack into your WiFi at anytime, it's just part of the internet. People enjoy it(It is enjoyable)... Goodluck on the future though, I hope you will not get into anymore trouble. :/

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Erm... no. In the rules section it states(I am going to paraphrase this cuss I don't want to go all the way to the rules section to copy and paste this):

"We see your minecraft account as one person, hacked or not. You are responsible for said account, and we will treat it as one user. If your account be haxed, then well bro you should have done better protecting it.".

After this part of the rules if I am not wrong they just tell you to protect your account well, and ya that's it.

As for you, my good sir.. Anyone may hack into your WiFi at anytime, it's just part of the internet. People enjoy it(It is enjoyable)... Goodluck on the future though, I hope you will not get into anymore trouble. :/

Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
A

AshlandGaming

First Step

Auri is going to get shutdown by his ISP if I email them. Yes, I know this hacker. I thought he was just a Minecraft server owner but he's a script kiddie sadly. Too bad I gave him my reverse proxy.

I think someone went through to my reverse proxy. It is shutdown now. Also, this was a shell to my computer, not a sibling or someone having my account.

I may have proof of GET and POST requests from my web server.

As for the MAC addresses, false alarm.

Themisto

Iron Miner
As stated above; a hacker on your computer and yourself are treated as one person.

OP
OP
A

AshlandGaming

First Step
As stated above; a hacker on your computer and yourself are treated as one person.

So, what can I do about it? This is the problem. You have absolutely no proof that I've been hacked. I can give you some of my code and logs if you want. However, it won't prove much.

Auri, this suspect, said he tried getting me banned on 4 servers. I will not include them but I will say Becto is one of them. He is making threats. He has already tried deleting some of my files.

I will be unbanned in a day anyway. Why would I lie?

Themisto

Iron Miner
So, what can I do about it? This is the problem. You have absolutely no proof that I've been hacked. I can give you some of my code and logs if you want. However, it won't prove much.

Auri, this suspect, said he tried getting me banned on 4 servers. I will not include them but I will say Becto is one of them. He is making threats. He has already tried deleting some of my files.

I will be unbanned in a day anyway. Why would I lie?
Very true. But I was just reminding you

OP
OP
A

AshlandGaming

First Step
Very true. But I was just reminding you

I know but think about it. What about a school computer or network for example? You would be banning that instead of one person.

What if someone downloaded some copyrighted material on your network? Illegal material. You get the blame for it and go to prison for not making your network 100% secure.

I know anyone could say "it was my brother" but how can you be sure of that?

Some people are not tech savvy and download anything off the Internet. Do we blame the owner or the idiot who distributes articles?

I've used hacked clients in the past but not anymore. The hacker even told me what he did on Snapcraft.

I think I am unbanned anyway. This problem still happened though.

I've changed my Minecraft account password and have put better security in place for my computer.

Themisto

Iron Miner
I know but think about it. What about a school computer or network for example? You would be banning that instead of one person.

What if someone downloaded some copyrighted material on your network? Illegal material. You get the blame for it and go to prison for not making your network 100% secure.

I know anyone could say "it was my brother" but how can you be sure of that?

Some people are not tech savvy and download anything off the Internet. Do we blame the owner or the idiot who distributes articles?

I've used hacked clients in the past but not anymore. The hacker even told me what he did on Snapcraft.

I think I am unbanned anyway. This problem still happened though.

I've changed my Minecraft account password and have put better security in place for my computer.
That's why in my school we have MinecraftEDU lol its bad