My sponge is gone!

Spooky Hollows

First Step
I already made a ticket for this but thought I should also post here. I got a sponge on the AH and placed it in the wrong spot in my area, so I went to move it..and when I broke it it was gone! The clear lag didn't get it, it happened before clear lag. I have no idea what happened but all I know is I lost a ton of server money from that lol
Has this happened to anyone else before? Have you gotten your sponge back? I really hope I can.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
Since you posted this in general server talk I can answer this. But a staff member will get to your ticket when they have a chance. Its a minecraft visual glitch. Your sponge was there. However you couldn't see it. It was likely just pixels from where you could pick it up. Unfortunately the only way to fix it is to log off then back on, and hope a clear lag doesn't come along in that time. Yes, its happened to me before. In the future start walking around the area a bit. Not far just do like a small circle of like a block all around where you broke it. Make sure its not a visual glitch.
But like I said, its just my advice stick to whatever staff end up telling you.

OP
OP
S

Spooky Hollows

First Step
@jasonstover9 Yikes. That may have been it then. XD I was experiencing some block breaking lag around the time it was lost (bad laptop/connection) Would be too late to try the logout/in trick, I did try to TP away from the area and back to it. Then I ended up getting off for the night due to work early in the morning. Guess I'd better record any sponge placing next time just in case it happens again.

OP
OP
S

Spooky Hollows

First Step
@Dutchy That's what I'm saying. I should have been recording a lets play when that happened. XD At least I'll know next time. Scary to loose all that from a connection.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
@Dutchy That's what I'm saying. I should have been recording a lets play when that happened. XD At least I'll know next time. Scary to loose all that from a connection.

At least you know what it is like. Hopefully you put a /set home somewhere around the area.

OP
OP
S

Spooky Hollows

First Step
@EpicAgentJ I have my home set nearby. I'm glad there's that sale going on, someone kept griefing my place so I just ended up buying a sponge. XD Also recorded me placing it as well, luckily nothing happened.

Evman987

Tree Puncher
I've lost so many sponges mostly when building underwater. I would destroy them and then they would float down to the bottom of the ocean and never be seen again x.x luckily I have a few stacks so I don't really care if I lose any.8-|8-|8-|

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
@EpicAgentJ I have my home set nearby. I'm glad there's that sale going on, someone kept griefing my place so I just ended up buying a sponge. XD Also recorded me placing it as well, luckily nothing happened.

Good for you. Try to be aware next time. That's all I have to say.