Are people allowed to do this?

Should this be banned?

• Total voters

CameronMcGehee

First Step
Hi guys. I just got raided by some guy who tpa requested to me. He had the name of one of my friends. Even though he had the same name as my friend, he killed me. How can people nick themselves as other actual people?? That should NOT be allowed!!! That's basically like identity theft in real life. Not cool guys.

dylan101202

Zombie Killer
Doing /nick with admin or staff names is bannable. Not sure about just other people.

TheNextHerobrine

Zombie Killer
Hi guys. I just got raided by some guy who tpa requested to me. He had the name of one of my friends. Even though he had the same name as my friend, he killed me. How can people nick themselves as other actual people?? That should NOT be allowed!!! That's basically like identity theft in real life. Not cool guys.
Like said above, it's bannable to pretend be staff and or relating to staff. Their is no rule in place though, that says you cannot pretend to be a player that is not a staff member.

I guess in all hope that your friend happened to a Staff and you recorded his actions. If you didn't... we'll um.... I am so sorry. :/

Now you did not make this specific in your message, but your thread question showed you wanted a vote to if this should be changed as a rule. I voted no, simply as their is nothing wrong with pretending to be another normal player. Staff impersonation is restricted mostly because of trickery(Stealing passwords, making threats, getting praise, etc).

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker

Be careful who you trust. It is like real life. I'm sorry about what happened to you though.

Also I just learned that if you hover your mouse in chat over a person with a /nick, it will show their actual username.

iPause

First Step
They can't nick themselves completely as someone thats logged on before, they just hide an _ or something.
You just have to make sure you read it carefully

HigherTier

Stone Miner
If you guys are in the same faction an easy way to make sure this doesn't happen again is by sending messages in the faction chat. No one other than faction members can talk in this so by sending a confirmation in this chat, it should prevent any more of this.

Jedz

Creeper Hugger
I always double check by using /realname (nickname) before accepting the tp, just in case

Mili

Tree Puncher
After all, it is your fault for accepting the tp. Read the name very carefully, and all nick names have a ~ before it. If your see a ~, it means the player is nicked.

Gerard_Games26

Stone Miner
I have had this done to me before and really its just a part of factions. All you have to do is look for the ~ symbol in front of and after the name and that will tell you whether it is a nickname. That's just my opinion but if it was made banable a lot of people would have to stop doing it, just look for the ~ symbol and if its there don't accept the tp.
(I know this is a late reply but the poles still up so idk)