1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Earth Games Community Poll [Maps]

Discussion in 'Earth Games' started by Legitmon, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

1. What should be done with the status of the current Maps? 2. Your beliefs on the maps.

1. 1. All maps should be removed and a new set of maps should replace them.

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. 1. Some specific maps should be removed. --- And also replaced with new ones.

20 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. 1. No maps should be removed at all, it is currently all good.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. 1. Only new maps should be added.

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. -----------------------------------

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 2. I feel the maps are very dull and plain and repeatitive.

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  7. 2. I feel the maps just need a revival, such as a revamp.

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. 2. I feel the maps are great the way they are, just new ones would be nice.

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  9. 2. Everything seems to be alright!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1. & 2. Other: ____________________________ (Please explain with a comment on this thread)

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Legitmon

Legitmon Obsidian Miner

Legitmon
    Mod
    Community Poll

Hello there pals! There has been a lot of talk about Earth Games maps being "stale" and repetitive for the past few months. I'm here today to do an examination of what you, the Earth Games community, would want to have changed. Listed above is a poll comprised of two questions that you will be able to fill out. Please use your two votes for one question each. The question and question choices will either have the prefix "1." or "2.", please coordinate your response to the right question and the right answer choices. Also if you don't mind, please also leave a comment on how maps could be improved or how some maps are less enjoyable than others. This will help immensely!

Please do note: This is not confirmed that maps will be removed, added, or edited. This is thread/poll's purpose is to see what the community is aiming for, in regards to what is wanted.

If you could also leave a detailed comment about why you chose the stance you took about the thread, that would be much obliged. Examples of what to include would be: reasons why you dislike a map, reasons why you like a map more than another one, etc.

Also please keep other concerns in a different thread. This thread is to condense the ideas and wants of Earth Games and its maps. Feel free to make a different thread to express the issue/suggestion you want to address.

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day/applicable time! :)

These are the current Maps:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jedz

Jedz Admin

Jedz
    Admin
    I would like to keep the old maps and also add new ones. Except underground because in my opinion I don’t enjoy it and I’m sure @~Crafter~ would agree ;-)

nice thread tho legit c;

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. EpicAgentJ

EpicAgentJ Void Walker

EpicAgentJ
    Survival VIP+
    New maps should be added. Like before, staff is currently working on more popular game modes.

4. ~Crafter~

~Crafter~ Ghast Hunter

Craftermanamz
    Prison Boss
    Didn't realise you were a staff member and actually know what we're working on?

5. Air_Racer64

Air_Racer64 Zombie Killer

Air_Racer64
    Parkour Pro
    I mostly play Earth Games, and I think that some of the maps are good, but others are annoying, (ie. Underground). Also, Thanks for making a thread on this Legit. (y):-D8-|

6. Livinghurts

Livinghurts First Step

Thank you for listening to the community. Very hyped for the future of EarthGames!

7. EpicAgentJ

EpicAgentJ Void Walker

EpicAgentJ
    Survival VIP+
    Lucky guess.

8. Wrys

Wrys Helper

Wrys
    Dear Staff,
    I've been playing on Snapcraft for about three years now, and I've seen a lot of good and bad things happening. Earthgames, the game I always played, never did change. I will be very excited to know that there will be any physical update to earthgames (like a change in map, unlike bug fixes).

The Underground map is my least favorite, in my opinion it favors better gear than actual combat skills. This is because the small space in which player engage in combat will allow VIP's and Diamond Armored players have an advantage, by limiting the skills that can be used. Such as strafing.

When there is a desicion to change maps, could you have a contest with a list of constraints and criterias, then give a chance for the community to build this map?

• Like Like x 1
  9. dylan101202

dylan101202 Zombie Killer

It's though bro!

#9 dylan101202, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. an3rror

an3rror Tree Puncher

an3rror
    Factions Immortal
    lmao ily ben

11. BrokthoStonehelm

BrokthoStonehelm Tree Puncher

BrokthoStonehelm
    EG VIP
    Please don't get rid of Underground. It is my favorite (and a lot of my friends enjoy it too). Plus, the other two maps get monotonous and Underground is fun because it's different, and requires strategies that aren't always applicable in the Battleground and Castle Siege maps.

12. an3rror

an3rror Tree Puncher

an3rror
    Factions Immortal
    Please get rid of underground

13. jowiri

jowiri First Step

jowiri
    Factions Faithful
    Didn't there used to be 1 or 2 older maps before the ones we have now?

14. TheNextHerobrine

TheNextHerobrine Zombie Killer

TheNextHerobrine
    KitPvP Paladin
    Here is my opinion on the matter:

Maps as of now -

I love this map. Please don't remove this, and or change it.
    Though it fits in with the theme, I don't enjoy it too much. Their is not a lot of space in this map, and it is very restricting movement wise. Overall though, it should stay but should be revamped.
    I love this map, and it should stay as is.

Future maps -

I personally enjoy maps that have space too easily build, pvp, and move around. I also enjoy maps with tunnels around, that allow for close situations, and provide places to safely move from place to place.

This is off topic from maps, but I think that more items should be added to the chest shop to mix it up a little. Ideas anyone?

Yes, but they be long gone. ;(

#14 TheNextHerobrine, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  15. LukeLovesBananas

LukeLovesBananas Gold Miner

LukeLovesBananas
    EG VIP
    Couldn't have put it better myself :-P

16. LukeLovesBananas

LukeLovesBananas Gold Miner

LukeLovesBananas
    EG VIP
    Id like to add that my personal favourite map is battleground, The way that this map allows players to take advantage of the different height levels makes it easier for players to develop different strategies compared to, for example underground where there are only really 3 pathways and all of them involve close combat situations.

17. _eGril

_eGril First Step

_eGril
    EG VIP
    Hopefully, we'll get to see a change in maps!
    This may be a bad idea but, you could implement a map rotation system where a few maps are randomly selected from a pool of maps and are active for a while until other maps are swapped so the game won't feel as repetitive. IM SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS BAD IM NOT A CREATIVE PERSON.

18. JohnM1274

JohnM1274 Stone Miner

JohnM127
    Parkour Pro
    I think any new maps included into Earthgames should be similar to the Battleground map. More room for strafing makes it easier to get out of situations like double teaming, bow spam, etc. I'd like for a new map to be as large or even larger than the Battleground map because my favorite part of Earthgames is how players have the ability to alter the terrain, but not to an extent where if the map is too small, it's still possible to have a fun game. That's just my opinion...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Themisto

Themisto Iron Miner

tumblrrr
    100% agree. We need new maps, I believe Underground should be removed, it's really small and easy to farm. + staff can't really fly around too much to spot hackers.

20. Gerard_Games26

Gerard_Games26 Stone Miner

I think all the current maps should be kept but at least 2 new ones should be added. Please dont remove underground though as its my favourite map and requires skills not applicable to some of the other maps. I think underground is a bit of a love it or hate it map but please keep it because many people enjoy it. Underground is also pretty good for bow spamming and even though it gets annoying when vips bowspam with punch bows its still a legitemate tactic which players can can take advantage of there.

• Agree Agree x 1