What (not) to do when encountering a hacker!

Abdomination

Stone Miner
This is a guide on how to react when you find yourself playing against a hacker.

I made the guild based on my own experience, feel free to give feedback in the comments and I might add them to the thread if they are suggestions.

Definately do:

Contact staff:
This is definitely the first thing you should do, message a staff member, the command '/staff' tells you which staff members are online. I suggest contacting a staff that is already in your game mode. The staff will then deal with the hacker

Gather evidence:

If there is no staff online or responding you want to gather as much evidence as you can, I suggest recording the hacker, as screenshots don't always show clear enough evidence.
Make sure there is enough evidence, a 5 second clip of someone bhopping won't be enough.
Try to keep the videos under 1 minute so the staff don't have to spend too much time watching it, also make sure you didn't edit it. If the video is over 1 minute make sure to add timestamps of where you can see them hacking. It might take a while for staff to respond, but in my experience they have always replied within 24 hours.

Report:

When you think you have gathered enough evidence, you want to report the hacker, more information about hacking can be found here
https://snapcraft.net/help/player-reporting/

Don't do:

Call them out:

This is never helpful, in fact it might be the opposite.
When you call a hacker out, chances are they will get scared and turn off their hacks, when this happend you can't do anything anymore.

Get mad:

Don't get mad, this doesn't help a bit, you will once again scare them.
This will also make you less believable by staff, as you have been raging in chat.

Last edited:

LukeLovesBananas

Gold Miner
Can I add that when you are submitting evidence we would appreciate if you could try to keep the clip below a minute without any editing so that we can review your report as quick as possible. Other than that you got it spot on. Great thread :-D

OP
OP
Abdomination

Abdomination

Stone Miner
Can I add that when you are submitting evidence we would appreciate if you could try to keep the clip below a minute without any editing so that we can review your report as quick as possible. Other than that you got it spot on. Great thread :-D
Thanks, and i'll add it.

maxmunchy

Banned
This is a great thread Abdomination, hopefully others can see this and learn how to properly report a person breaking the rules. I felt that this was an in-depth guide, and the community appreciates your effort! Great job. :)

OP
OP
Abdomination

Abdomination

Stone Miner
This is a great thread Abdomination, hopefully others can see this and learn how to properly report a person breaking the rules. I felt that this was an in-depth guide, and the community appreciates your effort! Great job. :)
Thanks, at first I was scared it was useless, but thanks for the positive reaction, I just hope people see it if they need it.

Jedz

Creeper Hugger

Something else you could add that if the video is over a minute then add specific keytimes in the video where the hacks are most obvious, so that we don't have to sit through a 3 minute video ;-)

OP
OP
Abdomination

Abdomination

Stone Miner
Something else you could add that if the video is over a minute then add specific keytimes in the video where the hacks are most obvious, so that we don't have to sit through a 3 minute video ;-)
Added it, thanks for the suggestion

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
This is nice. I'll use this when reporting a hacker.

Collie1121

Gold Miner
I like the idea of this thread, If I can be so rude to ask, could you add something like, try to lure the hacker with some alt or bait that doesn't have armour. or just something like having full iron or something. Because of this, the hacker will think: ''eZ loot''.

OP
OP
Abdomination

Abdomination

Stone Miner
I like the idea of this thread, If I can be so rude to ask, could you add something like, try to lure the hacker with some alt or bait that doesn't have armour. or just something like having full iron or something. Because of this, the hacker will think: ''eZ loot''.
I will add something similar when I'm on my PC.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker

Whoa I never thought of that.