What (not) to do when encountering a hacker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdomination

Stone Miner
This is a guide on how to react when you find yourself playing against a hacker.

I made the guild based on my own experience, feel free to give feedback in the comments and I might add them to the thread if they are suggestions.

Definately do:

Contact staff:
This is definitely the first thing you should do, message a staff member, the command '/staff' tells you which staff members are online. I suggest contacting a staff that is already in your game mode. The staff will then deal with the hacker
Gather evidence:

If there is no staff online or responding you want to gather as much evidence as you can, I suggest recording the hacker, as screenshots don't always show clear enough evidence.
Make sure there is enough evidence, a 5 second clip of someone bhopping won't be enough.

Report:

When you think you have gathered enough evidence, you want to report the hacker, more information about hacking can be found here
https://snapcraft.net/help/player-reporting/

Don't do:

Call him out:

This is never helpful, in fact it might be the opposite.
When you call a hacker out, chances are they will get scared and turn off their hacks, when this happend you can't do anything anymore.

Get mad:

Don't get mad, this doesn't help a bit, you will once again scare them.
This will also make you less believable by staff, as you have been raging in chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.