Voting question

Dennybob

First Step
Hello new to snapcraft. I have a question regarding the voting system. My son and I play and it seems the voting is by IP address. So only one of us can vote. Can this be adressed? Or is it made to restrict cheat voting? Right now I can vote from work computer and he can vote from home computer. But weekends at home will restrict our voting potential. :)

Dennybob

maxmunchy

Banned
Some websites allow you to vote twice on different accounts with the same IP. I'm afraid nothing can be done with websites that allow IPs to vote once per day on different accounts.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
You can use a VPN for voting. I think that will solve this problem.

Themisto

Iron Miner
Me and my brother share the same internet and were able to vote on the same day.

OP
OP
D

Dennybob

First Step
Just to confirm. My Son and Daughter and myself can't all vote from our home IP address. Three different Minecraft accounts. May have to vote from work or Library. Don't have a VPN as of yet.
Thanks anyways.

OP
OP
D

Dennybob

First Step
Tried using a free VPN service. very limited data per month. Just want to make sure I don't get banned for using a vpn. Some of the voting sites know you are using a VPN and give you a warning. So it is not a perfect solution.
Dennybob

_PaniK

Zombie Killer
You can use a VPN for voting. I think that will solve this problem.
I know this is an old thread however, using VPNs I’m pretty sure bannable if caught.

_PaniK

Zombie Killer