PSA: jonnypu scams irl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroAcuraccy

First Step
jonnypu scammed me 290k. Here's basically what happened:

Last week of 2017: jonnypu and I agree for me to give 290k and my echest for a csgo skin. jonnypu says he lost his phone so steam guard is currently disabled and will make the trade when he finds it.

First week of 2018: jonnypu says he found his phone but since he reactivated steam guard, he has to wait a 2 weeks. I pay him the 290k in good faith with the expectation that he will send me the skin when he can, and jonnypu acknowledges this.

Third week of 2018: I msg jonnypu in game and ask for my 290k back since I'd rather do other deals than wait for who knows how long. jonnypu ignores my messages about 80% of the time. At this point, jonnypu tells me he has 4.2ish million in game and says he will pay me back when he has greater than 4.29 mil (he didn't want to go below 4 mil).

Fourth week of 2018: jonnypu continues ignoring me in game and on steam when I msg him about the 290k. At this point I do a legit deal with ImCorn that involves trading my base, echest, and 275k for an upgrade to Lord.
After the deal with ImCorn, I ask jonnypu again for my 290k back and I say the deal is off since it's taken well over three weeks. He refuses to return my money, and claims I defaulted on the trade because I sold my enderchest. I offer him some of the items in my current echest (mostly same stuff as before minus some gapples), and he says to hand all that over too before he gives his csgo skin. Realizing that I'm probably getting scammed, I decline.

February 2-3, 2018: I ask for my money back one last time and jonnypu says he sent the skin, but he just needs to confirm by email, and asks for my entire echest again. I tell jonnypu that he's been dragging this deal on for nearly six weeks now, and ask him to give me my money back and cancel the deal. At this point, he has over 8mil and dosen't want to pay me anything. He says the 290k was given to him as a gift with no strings attached, and accuses me of scamming him. I continue asking for my 290k back until he /ignores in game me.

All he had to do this whole time was pay back the 290k I sent him and cancel the deal. Six weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for one trade.

tl:dr jonnypu took my 290k and ran. Don't make any deals with jonnypu.

~Crafter~

Blaze Estinguisher
Report players at snapcraft.net/report/
You must provide proof otherwise it will be denied.

Don't make toxic threads about these things in the future please.

Status
Not open for further replies.