Piston and Slime Block Functionality

Carlito A

First Step
I was playing on Snapcraft ,creating a redstone build on the Skyblock server, when I tried to create a BUD component on my contraption, which requires a piston pushing and retracting a slime block, but it did not function at all. So, I tested whether or not it was just a directional issue and tested one piston and one slimeblock in all 6 directions and lo and behold the piston did not push any of the slime blocks! (Note that the tests were suspended in the air.)

I'm posting this on General since I assume that this is an issue not only visible on Skyblock, but on the other servers as well. I'm not saying that this is a bug or anything else, but I would like information on whether or not pistons not being able to push slime blocks is a game mechanic instilled in the Snapcraft server.

Also note that I have searched around on the skyblock and news forums but I couldn't find anything about pistons and slime blocks :/

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
My guess is that it doesn't function because staff doesn't want the redstone to lag the server. And yes, I don't want the server to lag either.

maxmunchy

Banned
I was playing on Snapcraft ,creating a redstone build on the Skyblock server, when I tried to create a BUD component on my contraption, which requires a piston pushing and retracting a slime block, but it did not function at all. So, I tested whether or not it was just a directional issue and tested one piston and one slimeblock in all 6 directions and lo and behold the piston did not push any of the slime blocks! (Note that the tests were suspended in the air.)

I'm posting this on General since I assume that this is an issue not only visible on Skyblock, but on the other servers as well. I'm not saying that this is a bug or anything else, but I would like information on whether or not pistons not being able to push slime blocks is a game mechanic instilled in the Snapcraft server.

Also note that I have searched around on the skyblock and news forums but I couldn't find anything about pistons and slime blocks :/
Redstone is odd on Skyblock, it's quite hard to use and doesn't work with some things.