1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

My General Overview of Snapcraft

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Wrys, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Wrys

Wrys Iron Miner

Wrys
    Skyblock Angel
    Hello it's Wrys, again,

I've been on the server, Snapcraft, for quite some time now, about two years. I bought the angel rank in Skyblocks, and the VIP rank for Earthgames - Click here for details. I've encountered numerous issues and have questioned about them on forums, but I have one big question for Snapcraft. - Note that I am inquisitive about this and I don't know everything, so please tell me what you know. -

KIT PVP.
    Where do I start!
    Kit PVP to me seems like a game made up to gain more income. The kits are unfair, because people pay for these kits. If you look at other server's versions of kit PvP they have kits that you can buy but they offer little to no change in the balance of the fight against other kits. People pay for these kits to have an edge over others, and it makes this game seem bland. Each kit moving from recruit to knight to whatever the next one is, is basically an upgrade of the last, more protection , sharpness, etc.
    I say that kit PvP is just a way for Snapcraft to make money. I see this in many other servers too

I think that Snapcraft tries to make more money by making big changes to popular servers to make them seem more appealing to the public, but they ignore the small games, like Earthgames. What I don't think the devs and people in charge understand is that these games are part of the server, and if only the minigames reached the status of the games that require you to play for days on end (survival, factions) then it could skyrocket the amount of people who play on this server at any given time. Let's take for instance Hypixel. Hypixel, one of the most popular servers, if not, the most popular server, solely creates minigames, because people want to just have a short game that doesn't require you to PAY or take a long time to get to a goal.

Earthgames used to be popular, there were youtubers like SSundee, who has now unfortunately quit youtube, but what happened? Like snapcraft's trend, they decided to upgrade earthgames, and make it a lot bigger, but they made that mistake of destroying what some people loved about the game and adding some things most people don't like. Snapcraft needs to address the minigame's problems and less of the games that get them more money, because it's obvious to me.

Creative, Survival, Factions, Skyblocks, Prison. they all have the same plug-in and the same purpose. TO MAKE MONEY. Money is important, but so are the people who play this game. I know that a lot of people like to play the games I have listed, but how many of them have bought something just to feel this way?

Kit PvP is almost unbearable to play with all the over powered diamonds teaming on the recruits, or default players. It pressures people into buying ranks, only to end up unhappy that they are still being pushed around by all those hardcore kit PvP fans. Skyblocks is I like the game it sticks to teh idea of skyblocks without having to pay for anything to play it. There is a lot of work that gets put into each game, yes I understand that. But the problem is not the work you put into it, it's WHAT you put your work into. I think Snapcraft pays more attention to the popular games like Kit PvP, and building more games that require more time and eventually money to play - PRISON, and they don't have enough motivation to deal with the small minigames like earthgames. I hope in the future Snapcraft will create more minigames and less games that require quite some time to be good at it.

If you made it this far,
    Thank you for reading,
    Wrys

I hope I don't get banned

• Like Like x 2
  2. Majestical

Majestical Stone Miner

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    You shouldn't get banned, you simply posted your view and opinions, a lot is true and I agree with some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EpicAgentJ

EpicAgentJ Void Walker

EpicAgentJ
    Survival VIP+
    I agree with some opinions. I wasn't here back then, so I would say everything is fine.

4. Air_Racer64

Air_Racer64 Zombie Killer

Air_Racer64
    Parkour Pro
    I agree with your opinions, other people may differ. You also shouldn't get banned for this, you are just expressioning your opinion.

#4 Air_Racer64, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  5. Wrys

Wrys Iron Miner

Wrys
    Skyblock Angel
    I'd like to see what staff say about this. I'm surprised that my not-as-long posts have been answered within a few hours, but this one remains unanswered for a few days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marc-Antoine

Marc-Antoine Tree Puncher

Tobyranger
    Althrough I completly understand where you're coming from, I disagree/misunderstand what you're trying to proove here.
    Snapcraft is working because of YOU (Players) who play the game, snapcraft is not a thing without its players.
    Snapcraft is not free, unfortunatly, it costs a certain amount of money to keep the servers up and running. It requires a certain amount of money for advertisement, it requires a certain amount of money for the forums, I could go on and on about everything that Snapcraft has to pay in order to live up to expectations from players.
    Hence the reason there is a store. Whatever you buy on there is a donation. If you donate, you agree to all ToS which includes you DONATING.
    This means that you are not paying for a service, you are helping an organisation to survive.
    The server offers players multiple perks depending on the donation amount.
    I don't believe in unfairness of the kits in KitPvP at all. I didn't pay a single cent for it, it took me less than 10 minutes to get the stuff from a donor rank, because it's not 'unfair' enough to be impossible to get. I would totally agree, if you would spawn with the kit fight, fighting donors with full diamond armor with protection maxed out etc, but this is not the case. (YES: There is a GodSet that you can buy on the store, but you can only get it ONCE and ONCE only, if you die with it, you lose it, and it's $10, I personally think it's fair.)
    Now according to you, you are unhappy about the recent changes to earthgame, and on the behalf of other players, they are unhappy too. To my understanding there is one developer right now, he's working very hard on a new feature that everybody wants. Realms. I think that you should give him some time, think about it. He can't do everything in a matter of seconds, no, developing takes time, a lot of time.

#6 Marc-Antoine, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wrys

Wrys Iron Miner

Wrys
    Skyblock Angel
    I did not know there was one developer, I think Snapcraft should have a way for us to apply for developer, I know a lot of talaneted friends that can program games like chess in a week. I understand your view about kitPvP, I still disagree, but I think that the system should be more f2p, and no more games that require you to take a lot of time to play it.

8. Wrys

Wrys Iron Miner

Wrys
    Skyblock Angel
    About the mention of one developer and what he is doing. He is working on the new realms, which means that the person in charge, I'm guessing the owner of the server, put him to work to doing that. If the server keeps needing money and needing to make more role play games like creative realms and a whole other stuff on the server pre-existing- then how will there be time for other things? Once they haul in a lot of money and get people to buy more and more of their items on each game? When will there be mini games updates? When was the last time there was an update to the mini games? See the pattern? Snapcraft will continue to make games like Op Factions, Op survival, Op prison, and it goes on. Snapcraft needs to take a turn for the better and invest in something that's new and easy to play, a mini game. I am certain that this trend-breaker will bring a lot of attention, just like the mini games were back in the day. Literally every server can have creative, survival, factions - then what is so unique about Snapcraft? Hypixel is unique mineplex is unique these are the servers that are basically only run by mini games! Thanks for reading.

9. Marc-Antoine

Marc-Antoine Tree Puncher

Tobyranger
    I'll say this; There will be time for other minigames and updates. Don't worry about it. It'll happen.

10. Wrys

Wrys Iron Miner

Wrys
    Skyblock Angel
    Hopefully soon, I used to start out loving the server, then as I played the same games over and over, I moved to the more exciting servers. I will always still stick with Snapcraft because of the friendliness of the community, unless I'm banned.

11. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Kit PvP is extremely balanced compared to other servers of our size. PM me on discord ill take you to other servers and you'll see my point. KitPvP is play to win the more you play the better you get nothing more nothing less.

The server needs money to do what you want to so bad which is EarthGames remade. which quite frankly is a huge project and would be a complete overhaul of the current game which is something we've been trying to find the right developer for a while and all suggestions for EG we've gotten in the last year are all taken into consideration for the update when it comes. You can not compare us to Hypixel, Youtubers go on Hypixel and make videos for free if we want those Youtubers they charge thousands of $ to make these videos.

Lastly, a lot of players come to Snapcraft solely for the game that take a while to progress on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    You're saying Snapcraft isn't unique. I disagree with you here. There are no other servers that reward players for playing in the form of levels and unlockable perks like we do. Or our ghost mobs that allow you to obtain keys etc. for free. I can create a giant list of things but I am sure you know about them all already.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Wrys

Wrys Iron Miner

Wrys
    Skyblock Angel
    Ok, I have different opinions now that I understand the sever much more than I did. Thanks for replying. I could go on arguing but I don't see the point now that the owner himself has refuted.