Where Are The... ?

Tyconic

Gold Miner
Where are the promotions? This isn't meant to start anything, It's a message to the staff who promotes staff members.

I resigned the longest time ago, and even than some of these staff members were extremely active, did a fantastic job, and were staff for over 6 months..... that was like 2 months+ ago......

I don't really know why helpers are helpers for so long, if someone has a reason, I would love to know. I write this thread because I think it's unfair that staff like, Zoa, Wiggster, KristianM, Georgie, Emmmma, Dutchy are still not moderator.

Again, feel free to lock this, I was just curious why staff are helpers for over a year, work hard, and I see very little benefit on their ends for promotion....

Thanks
Ryan

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Just cause you think so doesn't it mean the rest of the staff team thinks the same yknow. You have to be doing a lot more than just being online to get a promotion, gotta earn it. I was helper for longer than a year and if it wasn't for my friend Deni I would've never gotten promoted since it's up to Maarten and the higher staff members to decide who's worthy of one not the fact that you've been a helper for a longer period of time.

~Crafter~

Blaze Estinguisher
Well Maarten has been pretty busy for a little while so that's a factor.
Also we don't believe that any of the current helpers are ready for Mod.

Things have changed in the 3 and a bit months you've been away. Most of our active helpers are newer ones who don't have much experience so it would be unfair to force them to become mod. With the older helpers most of them are busy or aren't able to put the time in due to their personal lives. I'm not blaming them for that, that's just how it is.

Just because they've been helper for a long time does not automatically make them ready for a promotion. They need to prove that they're ready for it. Currently none are/have done that in recent months.

With the case of TheWiggster99, he was previously mod but asked to be put down to helper due to knowing that he would not be able to be very active in the future. So making him mod again would be a bit inconsiderate.

OP
OP
Tyconic

Tyconic

Gold Miner
Just cause you think so doesn't it mean the rest of the staff team thinks the same yknow. You have to be doing a lot more than just being online to get a promotion, gotta earn it. I was helper for longer than a year and if it wasn't for my friend Deni I would've never gotten promoted since it's up to Maarten and the higher staff members to decide who's worthy of one not the fact that you've been a helper for a longer period of time.

Well Maarten has been pretty busy for a little while so that's a factor.
Also we don't believe that any of the current helpers are ready for Mod.

Things have changed in the 3 and a bit months you've been away. Most of our active helpers are newer ones who don't have much experience so it would be unfair to force them to become mod. With the older helpers most of them are busy or aren't able to put the time in due to their personal lives. I'm not blaming them for that, that's just how it is.

Just because they've been helper for a long time does not automatically make them ready for a promotion. They need to prove that they're ready for it. Currently none are/have done that in recent months.

With the case of TheWiggster99, he was previously mod but asked to be put down to helper due to knowing that he would not be able to be very active in the future. So making him mod again would be a bit inconsiderate.

Thank you both for your feedback, @Ashie , Didn't have to be rude.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
where do i apply to be a helper?
https://snapcraft.net/support-tickets/open
Change department to "staff applications:"

Where are the promotions? This isn't meant to start anything, It's a message to the staff who promotes staff members.

I resigned the longest time ago, and even than some of these staff members were extremely active, did a fantastic job, and were staff for over 6 months..... that was like 2 months+ ago......

I don't really know why helpers are helpers for so long, if someone has a reason, I would love to know. I write this thread because I think it's unfair that staff like, Zoa, Wiggster, KristianM, Georgie, Emmmma, Dutchy are still not moderator.

Again, feel free to lock this, I was just curious why staff are helpers for over a year, work hard, and I see very little benefit on their ends for promotion....

Thanks
Ryan

Admins can't just promote staff in a short time. They have to see how well the staff does.