Frustrated About Redstone Not Working on Snapcraft? Here's Why

Wrys

Gold Miner
Players have been unable to use redstone to their full potential on Snapcraft. Why is this? Simply put, it is because of the default render distance.
Snapcraft's owner says that the render distance is put to the bare minimum to allow the best player gameplay allowable, by reducing the lag.
However this decision to keep a render distance of 2 reduces mob spawning on skyblocks and inactivates redstone that is not within 2 chunks (32 blocks) of the player. This may be the reason why your redstone-powered natural spawning mob grinder is horrible!
The render distance that player's use to render terrain is controlled by each player, but the default render distance controls the chunks loaded. That is why it is essential that the default render distance be larger than 2, preferably 10 for mob spawning rate increases, but because this is Snapcraft I'll be lucky to persuade an increase to 4 chunk default render distance.
I don't understand why this server is an exception when it comes to the amount of lag. Many servers have a farther default render distance but Snapcraft wants to make this lag free, and in doing so it removes a lot of game mechanics that Minecraft has to offer. Please consider increasing the default render distance!

Evman987

Tree Puncher
Players have been unable to use redstone to their full potential on Snapcraft. Why is this? Simply put, it is because of the default render distance.
Snapcraft's owner says that the render distance is put to the bare minimum to allow the best player gameplay allowable, by reducing the lag.
However this decision to keep a render distance of 2 reduces mob spawning on skyblocks and inactivates redstone that is not within 2 chunks (32 blocks) of the player. This may be the reason why your redstone-powered natural spawning mob grinder is horrible!
The render distance that player's use to render terrain is controlled by each player, but the default render distance controls the chunks loaded. That is why it is essential that the default render distance be larger than 2, preferably 10 for mob spawning rate increases, but because this is Snapcraft I'll be lucky to persuade an increase to 4 chunk default render distance.
I don't understand why this server is an exception when it comes to the amount of lag. Many servers have a farther default render distance but Snapcraft wants to make this lag free, and in doing so it removes a lot of game mechanics that Minecraft has to offer. Please consider increasing the default render distance!
Snapcraft isn't the only server that does this. While it does limit some features of the game, it really does help with the lag issues that many servers deal with. If they change the render distance minimum up to 4, then it might have a huge impact on some people's gameplay. Not everyone has an expensive computer that runs at 500 fps.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Plus, Snapcraft doesn't need the server to lag so much.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
Snapcraft isn't the only server that does this. While it does limit some features of the game, it really does help with the lag issues that many servers deal with. If they change the render distance minimum up to 4, then it might have a huge impact on some people's gameplay. Not everyone has an expensive computer that runs at 500 fps.

Snapcraft should at least try to make that change. It could have great success and may bring in more amounts of people. I knew a lot of redstoners that I communicated with on snapcraft. They all left because of the 2 chunk red stone issue. This problem mostly impacts the survival genre of snapcraft games. I believe Snapcraft has more than one way of eliminating lag, it seems like they’ve done so much to ImPrOvE game play. My computer runs at 100 fps and crashes every hour. Do not assume complaints like these associate with well off Individuals.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
Plus, Snapcraft doesn't need the server to lag so much.

Snapcraft has a whole lot of problems they have to deal with. A large problem is with red stone not working correctly. Mob grinders aren’t being used as often because of their reliability. Maybe the default render distance will be a little change for a greater benefit.

Ben Prevish

Tree Puncher
I agree with you Wrys. This would be a nice change for redstoners.
If raising the distance to 4 causes substantial lag, then I'm sure there's other ways to combat lag.