Factions Reset Discussion

What's your opinion on the server getting a reset? [Select 2 that fits your thoughts best]

• [No] The map feels fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GreenLightSlayer

First Step
This post isn't to complain about getting a reset. It's primarily here to collect the factions community opinions about the current state of factions and whether we think the server is in need of a reset, or it is fine as it is. I also want to say that I made a post like this a long time ago asking to get a reset, and I received a reply back saying "As of right now, the faction server is extremely active. This shows that a reset is not needed yet. Once people begin to complain that it's getting boring and the map is very worn out then a reset will be getting begin getting planned.". This basically means that a reset will only start being planned once the map is worn out, players think the servers getting boring, and last of all the player count drops a lot.

My viewpoint on this discussion:

Player count = The server started out this reset with a massive amount of players where players of past resets to players joining for the first time joining. If I remember correctly we had around 400 players when it first released, but to be expected from some of the most successful servers when a server resets. Since then the player count decreased a lot, but is still relevant. Right now there is about 90-100 players online while I'm making this post. Leading up to my thoughts... I think the player count is fine with plenty of people to interact with though there are times where no one talks in chat for minutes straight which is kinda lonely. The player count is also dropping a bit here and there. I would guess in around a few months the average player count will be about 70-80 players on at most times, but that's not for sure.

Is the server getting boring = I want to clarify first that I don't play on here much anymore, and I'm planning on rejoining the action once faction resets. From my thoughts of when I do get on, I think that the server feels a bit boring cause it's hard to find a faction. Without a faction, there are not many things to do to have fun, and at the current state most factions are set in and are not welcoming to players looking to join a faction. I'm not the only one that thinks this way. I met a nice guy on the server when asking the relevance of the server as it is now. He thought the same way that I did on finding people to play with on this server. He was a new player and has only played for about 4-5 days and still hasn't been able to find a faction that would take him in and play with him to conquer the realm.

The current state of the map = You may have a different viewpoint here, but how I see it is the map is rundown in certain areas. I went and did a few randomtp in spawn to go to random areas of the map to see how worn-down it really was. I wasn't surprised in the slightest and was fully expecting to see there were holes from explosions (big and small), to other random holes of people mining down, to people simply mining the ground entirely. There was a lot of destroyed and raided bases almost anywhere you would go. There were places where almost an entire biome had it's top layer completely mined up. Now I need to consider how when I do a randomtp that I only spawn within a certain area of the map and if I run out father there is untouched land that has still been discovered. Earlier when I still played on here, I had a base on the border of the map. When I would walk down the border or near the border I could find bases every once and a while (raided most of the time). Down to the point, the map can still go on for a while but is greifed a bunch in multiple areas and we could definitely use a fresh map.

While I was on the server earlier today I asked players that have been around for months to players that have been around for a few days on the relevance of the server. Everyone was different in a way, but the most common things I got from players are listed below.

Long-term players:
Minecraft, in general, is pretty boring, there is still plenty of players to have a good time with, and the map is "meh".

Newer players:
The server is really fun, but it's hard to find a faction, there is "plenty" players to interact with. (I forgot to ask their thoughts on the map which is my bad).

This concludes my thoughts. Please comment below about your thoughts on the current state of the map, and have a fantastic day everyone!

Last edited: