Expand survival instead of purge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUG_MONST3R

First Step
I have heard chatter of a purge and it may happen but wont expanding survival eliminate the problems survival has now. I feel like its a much better way to support the people who have dedicated time and money to the server to just expand survival instead of having to start over. I understand some people want a fresh start but in a expanded survival you can just build more there. I for one dont want to have to start everything over i finally got a good grinder going and my builds are nice they took a while for me to build. I have spent lots of money (for spawners) and it just sucks to see it go. So my suggestion to expand survival, and replace current survival spawn warps closer to the expanded zone, i feel that this will fix the limited room and limited ores survival currently has and then its problem solved. Does any one agree or disagree id love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
You might've looked at the thread, but didn't look at the date. It said the thread was posted back in 2016. Also, the staff will announce if the purge or anything related to it will happen.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
A reset means that everyone gets to restart, redo the bases, gear, shops etc.. And restarts do get more people to start playing again so it's useful even if some people don't think it is. It's not just cause "all the ores nearby are gone" or there's blocks placed everywhere, But if there is one in the making they'll inform you about it.

IAmBrett

First Step
I think making the wild warps spawn you farther towards the edges of the world will help. Most of the land along the edges is untouched, plenty of ore and land for players.

OP
OP
H

HUG_MONST3R

First Step
Expanding is not possible sadly.
aw :C will people be able to get items that they bought back? for example if i bought 5 ig spawners near the reset period will i be able to get it after the reset or should i wait till reset to get it? also if we put stuff in ender chest i assume it wont be there after reset?

the77x7

Diamond Miner
aw :C will people be able to get items that they bought back? for example if i bought 5 ig spawners near the reset period will i be able to get it after the reset or should i wait till reset to get it? also if we put stuff in ender chest i assume it wont be there after reset?
It’s usually a full wipe I believe. I’m not sure about the whole enderchest thing, but they would announce if that’s possible in the Purge announcement. As a side note, expanding the world could lead to the server crashing or working slower because it could be too much for the console to handle.

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
We will usually offer a period of time (let’s just use a week for this example), where items that were bought with the store prior to the reset will be returned.

killervibe45

Tree Puncher
I'm really surprised to hear people talk about "reset" so frequently. It serves no purpose. The area around my house is mostly untouched. Occasionally I've seen people build, only to see their homes get destroyed after not logging in for 30 days. There's so much wide open land, why would we possibly need a reset anytime in the near future (ie. before 2019)? Why does it keep coming up?

NotDyl

Zombie Killer
Ranks don't reset FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.