1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

CombatLog

Discussion in 'Earth Games' started by XxAwesomePlayzxX, Jul 9, 2018.

1. XxAwesomePlayzxX

XxAwesomePlayzxX Tree Puncher

50ft1e
    Prison Brute
    A lot of players come in the game, tryhard, and then log out when low (*cough* BlackPanther_22 *cough*). It's very annoying and unsportsmanlike. Since KitPvP already has this, could we add a CombatLogger into EG? Thank you very much.

Also while I'm here, I changed my username in game, is there a way to change it on here as well??

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

iAshyyy
    You can’t change your username on the forums.

3. the77x7

the77x7 Mod

The77x7
    Helper
    I like the idea, but when someone logs out on EG doesn’t it reset their kills within the same game?

4. Wrys

Wrys Helper

Wrys
    Combat logging on earthgames is insignificant. You don't jeopardize anything except your reputation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. XxAwesomePlayzxX

50ft1e
    Prison Brute
    Ok I'm bringing this thread up again because it's becoming ridiculous. How is one supposed to enjoy the game when the entire opposing team just logs whenever you're about to kill them and say: Oh it's my bad internet!

I understand what the77x7 means, but it only resets the game kills, it doesn't affect the total K/D record.

Also it doesn't jeopardize reputation but rather other player's ability to enjoy the game.

Thanks

6. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Gold Miner

There are a lot of players on earth games that abuse the combat system and logout whenever they're about to die. Some of them have weeks of playtime and they talk trash after they log back in with full health.

Those people don't only ruin other players' experience, but also convince others to the same thing by saying it's how the server works, therefore making the situation worse.

"You don't jeopardize anything except your reputation". That's wrong in so many ways.
    Those players don't always get a bad reputation. Some of those players are even praised for being a "good pvper".

Also, not jeopardizing anything except their reputation is not a good reason to let them do whatever they want.
    That's like a student telling the teacher that there's a guy in class that talks trash to everyone and the teacher saying "oh well, that guy is not breaking the rules or anything. He only hurts his own reputation xddd".

In my opinion, log abuse on earth games should be treated like kitpvp's kick abuse where people with good gear on kitpvp toggles their autoclicker/client when they're about to die and get kicked by the anticheat to safety. With enough proof, both of them should be bannable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheNextHerobrine

TheNextHerobrine Zombie Killer

TheNextHerobrine
    KitPvP Paladin
    Alright. I’m V.I.P. on earth games and have played plenty recently. Not once have I seen anyone do this EVER. Seems like a stupid and unneeded change to me. Obviously people are going to be toxic(it’s a PvP based gamemode and people are toxic more often here) but that’s to be expected.

This is a bit harsh but it sounds like this whole thread is based on the fact that your upset over one player being toxic. Alright that’s all from me.

8. XxAwesomePlayzxX

50ft1e
    Prison Brute
    Perhaps during the making of the thread, this wasn't common. However, I feel like every few days one pops up. The most common examples, (no offense, since I'm friendly with both of them), are gunguy and M0veOn. They use this just to keep their KDR high and basically annoy the crap out of people trying to fight them.

I feel like you're saying that it's unnecessary only because you haven't seen one, but I honestly would like to stop seeing an extremely toxic chat that's yelling at the combatlogger.

9. TheNextHerobrine

TheNextHerobrine
    KitPvP Paladin
    I can understand not wanting to have to deal with a toxic chat, however those being toxic enough to change your gameplay will be punished for doing so if you submit a report on the said player.

On the note of “you're saying that it's unnecessary only because you haven't seen one“, I’m not going to support a motion that goes against an issue I have not seen. For example if someone came out and said “Everyone is secretly an alien so we should Ect”, I’m not going to support that movement as I see no evidence of that.

10. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Gold Miner

When you see someone bring up an issue and you have never experienced that, you don't need to comment at all.

You said that when a random person tells others to evacuate because everyone is an alien, you would not support that. You're absolutely correct. You don't need to believe what others say without actual proof or experience. However, you wouldn't just go up to that person and say "Hey that is some stupid thing to say" since that would just cause a dumb argument. Do you know who just did exactly that?

You, TheNextHerobrine.

Not only that, you even assumed the post was made only because one player was toxic. You said yourself that believing someone without proof isn't right, but then you just made an assumption without actually having proof or ever seeing combat log abusers. You fooled yourself, great.

This post is also more than a month old, so I'll wait for a staff to close it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheNextHerobrine

TheNextHerobrine
    KitPvP Paladin
    Fair enough.

• Agree Agree x 1