Factions & KitPvP Reset
The time has come for us to reset both our Factions and KitPvP servers. We have worked extremely hard over the last while to work on awesome new improvements to both game modes and we hope the each respective community enjoys every new feature. The reset will happen on Saturday, August 25th, 2018. Below, we have included a list of most of the new features/changes that players can expect to see once the reset occurs.
This season’s Factions will see a ton of new features as well as some changes to previous seasons. We have added a new custom enchantment system, much like our current Prison and Skyblock servers have, where players are able to obtain enchantment tokens through things such as in-game currency, as well as experience points. We have also re-added Withers to the game! Players will be able to receive Wither heads through our new Nether boss, Surtur, as well as Surtur Keys that can be used at /warp crates. Wither heads can also be purchased from the in-game shop for $199.5K each.
We have added a new fun and exciting mini game called King of The Hill (KoTH) where factions will compete to dominate the outposts around surrounding the spawn area. The winning faction will gain rewards for defending the middle of the region.
In addition to all of the above, the following changes will also be included.
- Lowered map size from 24000x24000 to 17000x17000
- Fixed Nether border and is now correctly set to 10000x10000
- Added back the End
- Fixed the rate at which crops(sugarcane, cactus, melon, wheat etc.) grows
- Capped all mcMMO bonuses at 2000
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to glitch through walls
- Fixed some of the TnT mechanics
- Added a 1v1 dueling system where players will be able to duel in their own gear. Gear will be lost on death!
- Added custom faction permissions (/f perm) for leaders to better manage faction ranks
- Added Reaper boss at /warp reaper. Players will receive a Reaper Key that can be used at /warp crates
- Fixed an issue regarding despawning NPCs
- Added a correctly working /f top
- Added new custom Nether terrain generation
- Rebalanced the economy
- Rebalanced crates
- Added a sell all option for the in-game shops
- Removed the ability to mine spawners for Immortal ranks
- Added the ability for Immortal ranked players to use coloured chat
- Added spawner pickaxes to the store and crates
- Fixed /shop bringing up the server menu instead of the shop
- Added a /kit member for players with the Member rank (the Member rank can be obtained through typing /link while in-game)
- Added a shortcut for /enderchest. Players can now use /ec as well
- Added 1.12 blocks to the game
- God apples are no longer able to be crafted
We’ll also be rewarding the top 5 factions at the end of the upcoming season prizes are as followed(Rewards will be given to the faction his/her leader).
- Will receive $500 in webstore credit
- Will receive $350 in webstore credit
- Will receive $200 in webstore credit
- Will receive $150 in webstore credit
- Will receive $100 in webstore credit
The KitPvP server will be wiped completely as well as see a number of changes as well. Including a new 1v1 dueling system where players will use separate kits to challenge other players to a fight to the death inside brand new mini arenas. The challenger will be able to decide which kit will be used from a selection of new kits. You will also be able to break/place your own blocks to help you win the fight. After the duel is complete, the winning player will gain player rating points while the loser will lose player rating points and both people will be placed on a five minute cooldown before they’re able to duel again.
A few notable changes to KitPvP are:
- Rewrote how combat is handled server side for better hit detection
- Rewrote how knockback is handled resulting in smoother knockback and combo’s
- Tweaked the anticheat to help control hackers
- Added a new combat tag system to prevent glitches/abusing
- Fishing rods have been re-enabled
- Removed the bounty system
Any purchases made from August 13th, 2018 until August 25th, 2018 can be regained after the reset by sending an email with your current in-game name to [email protected]. We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday for the reset of Factions and KitPvP.
Lastly, I would like to thank everyone for their amazing suggestions and bug reports!