Dying game mode

Is Skyblocks dying?

• Total voters

Wrys

Gold Miner
Hello,
Skyblock seems to be dying.
When I am online there are over 100 people, but no one in chat. Yes they may be far away, but what happened to those players that would use the shout command every time they speak? They’re not playing as much as they used to. Everyone is afking, no one seems active, nothing fun or exciting goes on in Skyblocks. It will die.

Now here are some suggestions I took from a server I moved to.

Envoy chests. Chests with 1 item defrientiating in rarity are given to the player when they break it. Envoy chests can be found in the pvp map. Personally I think it’d be much more interesting to have 1 envoy chest for every 500 island levels spawn on your island every 2 hours!

Custom enchants?
The server is like half a decade old. Is it time to try to add new enchants?

Stackable and upgradable spawners
Upgrading spawners to drop different loot that sells for more

Some of these are plugins that you can find with a bit of searching

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
I'd like custom made challenges with better rewards and more tiers.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
Yes, someone finally says this. I know this is a peaceful server, but maybe there should be some mob fighting with rewards for your islands, similar to dungeons from survival.

Also, I think there should be quests for skyblock.

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
For starters, I think we need to remove global chat, as this would be more friendly for new players. and we have to rebalance some of the PvP enchants to make PvP more enjoyable.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
Maybe the pvp map could be remade? Making it a lot larger so it’s not just a small pit with some houses.

Ben Prevish

Tree Puncher
Why exactly was Global Chat removed? My chat messages almost never get responded to without using "!". Now, my voice is silent!
I don't do PvP, so I don't have an opinion on that.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
What if you actually made it so people would want to do island challenges? Maybe add an attainable monthly pass that people can do challenges off of and get epic rewards from them. 5 tiers? 5th being the best with 1 IG and a legendary crate possibly. With some money and tokens.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
The most important thing I really want to see in snapcraft are events in each gamemode with their own uniqueness. Skyblocks has nothing! No wonder why the chat is dead everyone just has their own island and tends to themselves. The community should grow and get to know each other better.
Maybe a treasure hunt in the pvp zone, which I also hope to be larger, just to start.

Collie1121

Gold Miner
There are challenges @Wrys

Type the following command /challenges ingame.
It should pop up an menu where you are able to do many different skill challenges.

Also they would look into it but to manage this it would cost them more and more time since they would have to create every own list of challenges for every server again. Also it would take up a lot of issues due eventually you run out of challenges. They would have to add consistently new challenges to keep older players who are much further into the game satisfied.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
I said, “What if you made it so people would want to do island challenges.” I know that there are island challenges I just don’t think the prizes are great enough. They’re stagnant and won’t reset which is boring in my view and I point that out- minus the opinion. Dude please READ what I say.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
I said, “What if you made it so people would want to do island challenges.” I know that there are island challenges I just don’t think the prizes are great enough. They’re stagnant and won’t reset which is boring in my view and I point that out- minus the opinion. Dude please READ what I say.
Triggered.

Collie1121

Gold Miner
Triggered.
That's what I meant, I'm sorry if you missunderstood me. Let me try to clearify it a bit more. What I meant was, if they have to update it with better rewards, they would have to renew the whole system.

OP
OP
Wrys

Wrys

Gold Miner
I agree with that, because who actually does the island challenges for the rewards?

Collie1121

Gold Miner
A few newcomers try it out and realise it takes them too much effort to do it. I quit at Expert.