name keeps coming up in survival server

__RyeBread__

First Step
so someone on the creative server alerted me of my username being used to buy mass amounts of things off the store. i joined and the chat was being spammed by me buying huge amounts of sponge. but i didnt buy anything at all so i dont know why this is happening. is there any way i could find out why? other people can see the chat too and are telling me im rich lol. i dont know if this has to do with my account getting hacked or something. help is appreciated thanks.

Wrys

Gold Miner
I remember seeing your username buying things over and over and it seemed like you were a bot. Now that I get to see the actual person I can tell you what has happened.
Someone has used their credit card on your account to buy items. Do not spend the items that have magically appeared. (!)
You are at HIGH risk of being a victim of charge-back, and it is good thing that you have written about this before being banned. That way you have something ti back up on if/when the person behind this charges back on YOUR account. This will result in a permanent ban and you will not be able to get your account until you have paid the amount that the other person has spent and charged back on.
I would notify the owner immediately and secure your account. Your magically appeared items or ranks will be taken away, however for the better

There are some sick people out there, watch who you meet.

OP
OP
__RyeBread__

__RyeBread__

First Step
I remember seeing your username buying things over and over and it seemed like you were a bot. Now that I get to see the actual person I can tell you what has happened.
Someone has used their credit card on your account to buy items. Do not spend the items that have magically appeared. (!)
You are at HIGH risk of being a victim of charge-back, and it is good thing that you have written about this before being banned. That way you have something ti back up on if/when the person behind this charges back on YOUR account. This will result in a permanent ban and you will not be able to get your account until you have paid the amount that the other person has spent and charged back on.
I would notify the owner immediately and secure your account. Your magically appeared items or ranks will be taken away, however for the better

There are some sick people out there, watch who you meet.
Thank you so much. im glad i came and said something lol. i was afraid someone stole the credit card. should i message the owner of the server or the person charging my username?

Wrys

Gold Miner
Message the owner

The person does not steal your credit card information. They simply put your name into the [What is your username?] before being allowed into the webshop. Under your username they spent items with their own credit card, he/she can take back that money right after they spent it. In the end they don't lose any money at all and you lose your privilege on Snapcraft. It sucks. Happened to me.

OP
OP
__RyeBread__

__RyeBread__

First Step
Message the owner

The person does not steal your credit card information. They simply put your name into the [What is your username?] before being allowed into the webshop. Under your username they spent items with their own credit card, he/she can take back that money right after they spent it. In the end they don't lose any money at all and you lose your privilege on Snapcraft. It sucks. Happened to me.
I messaged Maarten hoping to resolve the issue. Do you have any time frame on how long it takes for them to get back to you? Thanks for all your help.

Wrys

Gold Miner
Marten should get back to you within 24 hours. That's speaking from personal experiences, so it's not proven.
Well he's not a statistic so he can't be proven, but usually he will respond ASAP.

Wrys

Gold Miner
No problem! I am constantly bored without questions that I can answer from the community.