1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

New Report System

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by WhatsAGoodName, Nov 23, 2018.

?

Should this feature be added?

1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatsAGoodName

WhatsAGoodName Tree Puncher

DeaganT
    BEFORE YOU READ, YOU NEED TO READ THE ENTIRE THING, THE ENTIRE THING
    Although we already have a /report, I think it'd be more quick and fast if we have a newer one
    The new /report should go into chat which only staff can see.
    The command should go along the line /report (world) (reported player) (reason)
    in the chat only staff could see (player) reported (Player) for (reason) in (mini game/world/etc)
    Our current report system says Go to Discord and type @staff in the staff-help, Although this is useful it turns out there's quite a bit of people on the server who don't have Discord/Don't Trust it/Or Simply can't run it. (my experiences), Yes there may be a lot of people who have discord but there's more people in game that can just /report
    Features of the /report
    -Can only report every 10 minutes (to stop spam)
    -if someone keeps false reporting (they will get a ban from the /report command no longer usable) (not a real ban from the server)
    -If someone reports the same person over and over again you could add a verbal warning. If the warning goes to something more it could result in a temp ban for the /report command.
    Side note:
    you should keep the message for the /report we already have, Both Discord and the Website just in case
    This new Report System will improve the amount of hackers that could get banned and would probably bring more reputation to the staff cause of how quick the staff could get the message record, and ban
    Hopefully something like this could get added to Snapcraft. It'd make banning more efficient and beneficial for both Staff and Players.
    -SarcasmIsFun

EDIT: if you didn't read all of it, IF this is added you still keep the current /report message below
    EDIT: Today I logged in and of course there was a hacker so I went to the discord server and reported it. Its been 20 minutes and the hacker is still hacking. You may be asking so why is this even important? It's because there's staff on other servers like Creative Prison Etc so IF we had this they would have gotten it in chat then came to kitpvp and watched him recorded him the banned him in under 5 minutes? I cannot see why such a simple plugin that would save so much time and PLAYERS (cause they rage quit if there is a hacker on and keep killing them) this is just more evidence that this should be added
    ANOTHER STUPID EDIT: omg it's been 30 minutes and hes still hacking and its bs cause the helper is still on Creative and has no idea.... But again sense we have this TERRIBLE report system he doesn't know that there is a hacker been hacking for 30 fuking minutes

#1 WhatsAGoodName, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. Majestical

Majestical Helper

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    I believe Maarten said this isn't something that will ever be added just a few days ago to someone on the discord. Not real sure though:-P

3. Ashie

Ashie Ghast Hunter

ItsAshy
    Prison Boss
    This has been suggested many times over the years and most of them as been declined. Which is understandable since it is a big thing to code and fix which would take lots of time that perhaps the devs don’t have. I still would love this to happen though

4. WhatsAGoodName

DeaganT
    Ashie I don't see where you're coming from besides the Suggested over many years
    I could code this less than a day if not a few hours 1-2 hours

5. the77x7

the77x7 Helper

The77x7
    Helper
    He probably doesn’t want to add it because we have a fine system going right now. The /report in-game would be completely useless if no staff is online, plus it is also easy to miss small lines of chat. The current system with support tickets and discord is highly efficient and effective. It notifies staff when we aren’t even online and that’s the great part about it. There is also /staff in-game which allows you to see the current list of available staff members currently online to go to for help.

As a side note, this method could easily be abused. For instance, a player could simply get salty and spam /report that player. Staff receives reports that players are hacking when they truly aren’t on a daily basis. This would just get in the way of that even more.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WhatsAGoodName

DeaganT
    The77x7 there are a few things wrong with that although we have a fine system going this would make it 10x more efficent and yes sometimes staff aren't on thats why I included the line "you should keep the message for the /report we already have, Both Discord and the Website just in case" and the /staff yeah I guess maybe but how many staff are in Vanish, if staff are in Vanish players cannot see that in /staff
    Oh and again your "side note" doesn't make sense cause I clearly stated that there should be a cooldown "-Can only report every 10 minutes (to stop spam)" 10th line Not edited

7. Majestical

Majestical Helper

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    This would be a decent command if you really think about it, even though it’s been denied so many times. As of right now players leave their gamemodes to find staff around the server to report a player. It would make it easier for players to do /report for the players they want to report, then as for the staff side, we can also have something where we can do some sort of command to see all reports that have went through and check up with them. It would be a neat thing to experience with, if abused constantly and doesn’t work out, could remove it?

8. WhatsAGoodName

DeaganT
    Majestical you're the first one that I think actually read the entire suggestion and actually saw I knew there would be bugs with this, but I really don't understand why this isn't added like its basically the same report system you keep the messages but you can now do /report player etc

9. REKTLEL

REKTLEL Answer to Life

REKTLEL
    Factions Faithful
    fyi u spelled “baning” wrong in the tags. Its supposed to be banning

10. WhatsAGoodName

DeaganT
    Okay so more evidence this should be added
    Today I was on and there was a hacker. I went on our Report system and I did as told. I reported him and even 5 minutes later staff still haven't banned him. Even THOUGH there's a helper (wowoow) on and if we had this system in place wowoow would have seen it in his chat come to Kitpvp and would have banned him this screenshot was posted 5 mins ago and he's still hacking right now. bhoping kaing etc
    I can't post the screenshot cauise it wont let me but even still 20 mins staff haven't done asingle thing this would have been taken care of in 5 mins if we had this report systen but we dont!

11. WhatsAGoodName

DeaganT
    I haven't had one good reason this shouldn't be added

12. the77x7

the77x7 Helper

The77x7
    Helper
    The only issue there is your laziness. In your post, you stated wowoow is online and not on kitpvp, meaning you typed /staff to see where he was. How about simply going to the server he is on and asking if he can assist you with a hacker? You took the time to use our current reporting system the wrong way intentionally to try and make a point. It seems the situation is more over your fault. Regardless, even if he wasn’t able to assist you, you could’ve reported the player through a support ticket in that 20 minute span. This would result in the punishment of that player rather than your means of just complaining about our perfectly fine system.

This thread is being closed for a few reasons:
    1. The current system works perfectly fine when used right, which you’re not doing.
    2. Staff has stated why this wouldn’t be a good edition to the server
    3. You’ve been arguing about your suggestion being denied

Kind Regards,
    The77x7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.