1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

EG Suggestions

Discussion in 'Earth Games' started by Majestical, Nov 23, 2018.

?

Thoughts on the created map?

Poll closed Friday at 7:15 AM.
  1. I don't think it's good enough to be a map for the server.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I think it's good, but I don't want it as a map.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like it, it should be a map!

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. I don't really care >:]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Majestical

Majestical Helper

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    So, earthgames is a pvp related gamemode on the server. It involves two teams, red and blue, each team goes against another until one reaches 150 kills, first one to 150 wins! Between all of the combat to get to 150, some people enjoy to build with the resources around the map. Overall, earthgames is an enjoyable gamemode for many people, but, it needs some updates! I have asked and brought some of the earthgames community together to think of some suggestions and bring our ideas up front! This thread will mostly be discussing some things that players of earthgames would like to see added into an update.

To start off, the middle chest is a known thing to anyone who has played earthgames. It includes items that you can purchase with the in-game currency of coins within the gamemode. We would love to see some updates for the chest!

Middle Chest Ideas -
    Nades - People seem to abuse the use of VIP nades. Players will spam players with the nades to the point you can’t even play the game in an enjoyable, fun way. Players also will join the game and only spam nades to just purposely destroy the maps. I get there is a good, fun use out of nades, but people abuse that. If not being able to remove them, an idea from me is to make a limit to how many you can buy per game, or having it on a timer like maybe one nade per every 5-10 minutes to prevent spam.
    Torches - Torches could be kind of a small, extra addition. They could be used for fun just for building or lighting up the map.
    Blocks - Some people don’t want to take the time and just dig for blocks. Adding this could also just be a little addition for building or creating extra structures within the map.
    Wall Builder - This could be a neat thing to experiment with. The idea for this is when purchased out of the chest you can place it and it creates somewhere around a 3x3 wall of the wool colors, red or blue, depending on which team placed it.
    Shears - If we added the Wall Builder into the chest and made it place the wool, having shears would be a good addition as well. Fast breaking of wool so it couldn’t get too annoying for players.
    Replacing Gear - Replace the diamond gear that can be purchased with iron gear, possibly same enchants.

While asking experienced earthgames players for their suggestions, I got one that instantly made me think of /perks. They mentioned adding effects, like team purchased effects. Adding my thoughts and ideas to this, I thought of it as you could get a certain amount of kills per a game, or purchasable through coins, to buy a perk for yourself.

Perk Ideas -
    Double Coins - For VIP players since we already get double coins, maybe removing that and adding it as a perk to make it more fair for all players to have the chance at double coins through in-game currency.
    Double Jump Boost - Be able to purchase the ability to double jump. I think this would actually be a fun, enjoyable perk.
    Arrow Deflection - I noticed recently that players tend to bow-spam, badly, to the point it makes players just rage quit. I think it would be a good addition to have this as a perk purchased for yourself to start at a 10% arrow deflection, and make it upgradable by 10% each time to 50-60% tops. The Arrow Deflection won't work for fully-charged bow shots, only ones that aren't fully pulled back, it will have the chance to deflect the arrow.
    Kill Item - After getting one-three kills you recieve a golden apple.

Moving on from all of that, I always get at least two people complaining how pay-to-win earthgames is everytime I'm online.

VIP Gear:
    Wool Block
    -All Chain-
    Prot 3 Unbreaking X Chestplate
    No Enchants Leggings Prot 3 Unbreaking X Feather Falling 3 Boots
    Sharpness 1 Unbreaking X Stone Sword

Non VIP Gear:
    Wool Block
    -All Leather-
    Prot 3 Unbreaking X Chestplate
    No Enchants Leggings
    Prot 3 Unbreaking X Feather Falling 3 Boots
    Sharpness 1 Unbreaking X Wooden Sword

If you really look at this, it’s the same enchants for completely different gear. So, obviously, the better gear is going to be more op than the lower. It gives a major advantage. I have played with and without VIP and I will say myself, it’s a hard, major advantage. I want to propose a better, less advantaged set of gear.

VIP Gear - Updated:
    Unbreaking X Red/Blue Leather Helmet
    Prot 1 Unbreaking X Chain Chestplate
    No Enchants Leggings
    Prot 2 Unbreaking X Feather Falling 3 Boots
    No Enchants Stone Sword

Non VIP Gear - Updated:
    Unbreaking X Red/Blue Leather Helmet

That is all of the major suggestions that more than 3 players agreed on. I, and many other players would love to see these updates happen!

Some more things that would be good to have are:

Making it so VIP members are seperated among the two teams as evenly as possible!
    Adding kill streaks to the game, maybe receiving a reward at certain kill streaks, possibly like coins.
    Add a leaderboard that can be found at both spawns in all maps that show the top players' kills, kill streaks and how long they’ve been in the game.
    Change it back so the teams name tags are red and blue, depending which team they're on.

Extra -
    Adding a new map! This is one of the most wanted things of all earthgames players, especially the ones who have played for years. Me, and several players of the earthgames community have come together and created an earthgames map of our likings. It would be amazing if this could get added some time!

https://imgur.com/a/gNBCK3Z

Any Suggestions and feedback please add below!

#1 Majestical, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. ImCryinq

ImCryinq Tree Puncher

G0F
    Agreed, needs some changes. Would like to buy blocks from middle chest. I like the arrow deflection perk for noncharged shots, but I don't think nades and that stuff should be removed. They have served as an incentive to purchase vip, and removing them would not work out if people bought vip partly for the purpose of vip only mid chest items. New map would be something that would bring players back to earthgames.

3. Ashie

Ashie Ghast Hunter

ItsAshy
    Prison Boss
    The reason EG never gets major updates is because the dev who made it is no longer around and to be able to update Maarten would have to remake the entire thing.

I do like some of the suggested things though, maybe not everything but a few seems like a nice add-on

4. Infectious

Infectious Gold Miner

DayDreqm
    Actually being a VIP myself, I really wouldn't mind the rate limit on nades. In fact I really hope it gets implemented. I feel bad for players who stand no chance against 5 VIP's on one team rapid firing nades in one location.without having a limit. Maybe have a thing where the game only lets /swap work for VIPs if both teams have an even amount. It isn't completely fool proof since player tryhardiness and skill is and outside factor but it is better than having to go up against 4 VIPs. By the way I love the new map. People might say it doesn't fit classic EG but it will be something to get used to, making the game lively again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. JohnM1274

JohnM1274 Tree Puncher

JohnM127
    Parkour Pro
    Most times, whenever I see someone saying that there should be change to Earthgames, I expect it to be from a regular player. Most of the people who say that usually never come on again much after because they felt like they were being ignored. I think that feeling of no change made a lot of people I know quit, some of them I couldn't remembered if I tried. I admit, I've always had a feeling that Eg would be the same until it went down. I'd probably given up on any hope of the gamemode changing at all. I would honestly be happy if there was any change. Even this thread gives players the ability to speak out for something that they felt like only other players would listen to. I might recommend some more changes in a different post, but thanks for hearing the community and taking action. even if this thread does nothing

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. JohnM1274

JohnM1274 Tree Puncher

JohnM127
    Parkour Pro
    I think a lot of people who have seen threads on this topic in the past already know that. Regardless, they ask for change. I don't think that's wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. JohnM1274

JohnM1274 Tree Puncher

JohnM127
    Parkour Pro
    I've had a lot of ideas for Earthgames myself. Here are some of them that my friends and me came up with:
    Gear Changes
    -Remove the player’s infinity enchant and give the defaults sixteen arrows, but the VIPs get thirty-two arrows; More arrows can be bought through the shop if arrows are added as a shop item
    Team Effects
    I think one of my favorite ideas is the idea of purchasing perks or "Team Effects" for your team using your coins or amount of kills for that game. Here are some that I'll throw out there that I'd like to have.
    -Players can purchase a “kill coin bonus” for themselves or their team from the “Team Effects”
    -Players can purchase a way to double the amount of arrows they spawn with in the game they bought the effect for in the “Team Effects”
    -Players can make the opposing team lose sprint for a short amount of time by purchasing this in the “Team Effects” (effect can only be used once per game)
    -Players can purchase a “remove opposing team’s effects” in the “Team Effects”
    -A temporary haste effect can be activated by purchasing in the “Team Effects”
    -A “Double Experience” effect can be purchased in the “Team Effects”
    Misc.
    -Remove the Thor perk and debuff the Rage perk or remove /perks from Eg completely
    -Remove extra hearts from Eg provided by levels
    The Wall Builder item seems like a cool idea. I think there should be limits to how you can use it so no one is just spamming walls in front of someone's spawn. Maybe it could be have a limited amount of uses per game, as well as a cool-down system for anyone who uses it.

8. SolarApocolypse5

SolarApocolypse5 First Step

I personally really like the way these updates look. They will add more variety to the game and give players a purpose of playing through a new leader-board system. The balancing of the VIP armour with the non-rank will be a very nice feature, as I will have to try to get 5 kill feeds now :). The purchasable perk system sounds really fun and I can see players totally enjoying it, along with the bow-spam prevention measures. All of these ideas stated above I agree with 100% :).

One thing I would change is making the purchasable wall out of dirt blocks to keep the natural earthgames dirt ravaging scheme. Again, there may be the challenge of identifying which team places the walls, but that could be cool in its own way.

Thanks for taking your time to make this. I would love to see these implemented!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. RyDaJedi

RyDaJedi First Step

There should be a nade limit of maybe 5 nades bought a game. Even though I am a vip back when I wasn't in a 1v1 I could completely obliterate a vip so I don't think it's really that p2w and it should stay the same. I don't think you should spawn with blocks it's just going to make a bigger mess of the map. I do however think there should be kill streaks. Every 3 kills you should receive a golden apple and maybe at like 15 diamond/iron armor and at 25 kills at diamond sword. Other things could be given in between those rewards though like vip cluster bomb nade etc.

10. Majestical

Majestical Helper

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    I like your ideas, one reason I didn't add some is due to the fact of certain things I added in mine would be weird with these. Like the arrow deflection wouldn't be super needed if we don't have unlimited arrows :-P

11. Wrys

Wrys Helper

Wrys
    Make tnt launchable ahhaha

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jedz

Jedz Admin

Jedz
    Admin
    Definitely have some good ideas in this thread, if and when possible I could see some of them being added :-P

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1