1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Chat Filter Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by DerpyGamingHD, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerpyGamingHD

DerpyGamingHD First Step

StopBeingToxic
    Chat can be very toxic and inappropriate at times, especially when you do not have some sort of filtering system, but I suggest we allow players to toggle the filter. For instance, the filter will be set to on as a default when someone joins for the first time, but they have an option to turn that filter off. Of course racial slurs and some extreme profanity will continue to be filtered out, but some words that are less offensive and people use very often in a non-toxic or non-offensive manner will not be filtered. Such as when someone uses the phrase "[s word] like that" or "stuff and [s word]." Both uses of the s word are not targeted towards any player or are being used in a toxic or offensive manner.

Yes, I know this is very unlikely, but its kind of annoying, for me at least, when I try to type in chat and my message gets filtered out because I use a curse word.

Thanks in advance for reading and considering (if it's even considered, prob not though. :-P) my suggestion -DerpyGamingHD

2. Ashie

Ashie Ghast Hunter

ItsAshy
    Prison Boss
    I personally disagree since the server rules are set as PG-13, no swearing etc.

3. Jedz

Jedz Admin

Jedz
    Admin
    As mentioned by Ash, we already have rules set in place with chat as PG 13. So this filter will not be added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.