1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Sugguestion to be added to rules.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by psychowaffles, Dec 5, 2018.

1. psychowaffles

psychowaffles Stone Miner

psychowaffles
    Discussion of Rule Breaking and/or Punishments:
    At no time are you to condone rule breaking on the forum or discuss any punishments , yours or otherwise. These are to be handled through the proper protocol. Report content properly on the forums and use ( https://snapcraft.net/support-tickets/open ) to discuss any of your punishments. Be sure to select the "appeals" ticket.
    Snapcraft policy is to only discuss these things with the party involved.
    Suggesting this as I have see ban appeals in the wrong area, and in game chat. The bans only concern the involved parties, and staff. Others need not be brought into the situation.
    Happy Holidays<("):present::santa:
    Sincerely,
    psychowaffles

#1 psychowaffles, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. ToKsuicR

ToKsuicR Mod

iateyouremail
    isn't this censorship

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ashie

Ashie Ghast Hunter

ItsAshy
    Prison Boss
    Why would you get banned for talking about something. Unless you bypass the chat filter or keep accusing players of doing something that’s against the rules.

Talking about scamming, hacks, griefing etc are quite common things people talk about so I don’t see a problem with it unless accusing someone.

When it comes to appeals, not everyone knows where they should post it or who can check them out nor that they’re not allowed to ask staff to check it out. They normally stop when someone tells them they’re doing it wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  4. psychowaffles

psychowaffles
    Kind of just a way to enact privacy between the parties involved in the matter/ dispute. The bans/kicks/mutes only concern the involved parties, and staff. Others need not be brought into the situation. It's nothing major that needs to be implemented, just a suggestion, thanks for your response! :-D
    Everyone should be sure to read the rules so they know the proper protocols to follow while posting and such. :santa::present:<(")

5. general51712

general51712 Stone Miner

YBNGoon
    I get what your tryna go for, but I don't think people really care as much as you do about there punishment privacy (I know I wouldn't, but this obviously doesn't apply to everyone). These people shouldn't be shamed for it but rather politely directed to the correct location, no need to punish them for it.... like ToksuicR said, this seems a little like "censorship."

I am also a little confused as to why you've been so extremely concerned with regard to the rules. Maybe you are just tryna help out and that's fair, but to me, your intent seems a little shady and you are lightweight builder your reputation as a stickler (no beef, just banter).

Happy Holidays! <("):present::santa:

6. psychowaffles

psychowaffles
    Hey General51712, thank you for taking the time to respond so thoroughly. Shall I start by stating that I'm not some one who breaks rules, therefore I have no "punishment privacy" of my own to necessarily care about, or "censor". I simply made a suggestion on the forums after a circumstantial situation made me think of it. Call me shady, if you wish, you know your truth as I know mine.
    A suggestion - is an idea or plan put forward for consideration. Some times an idea springs into ones mind, and they can't help but hit the create thread button. (especially after thinking it out so thoroughly). How could you possibly know if your idea / suggestion is useful if you don't actually suggest it? Regardless of feedback, positive or negative, I'm happy receive it.
    To me it sounded like a good idea when I initially thought of it circumstantially. (people where complaining of their punishments they brought amongst themselves, and demeaning/ discrediting staff decisions, condoning the breaking of rules) Everything I added to the initial thread, was based upon recent experience. I said nothing in regards to shaming, punishing, or banning anyone.
    I can't fathom why you would call anyone shady who is only trying to contribute and be an active, positive member of a community I've grown to love and call home. To each their own opinion, but some are better left to the mind. Maybe even this initial thread. Regardless, I appreciate your feed back, best wishes! (y)
    Sincerely,
    psychowaffles
    Happy Holidays :santa:<("):present: