1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Factions - Soulsand // Schematica

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by wopp, Jan 19, 2019.

?

Should SoulSand be nerfed/banned for base use?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. wopp

wopp Stone Miner

wopp
    So people put soulsand in between their walls so that way you have to break the soulsand before you break the wall otherwise you cannot stack sand. Most faction servers have this banned because of how ridiculously over powered it is. You cannot slab bust soulsand and it makes it nearly impossible to raid, especially without schematica allowed. Soulsand needs to be fixed or disabled because when people complain about their bases getting glitched into I'm honestly not even surprised anymore. The factions server is against cannoning and mostly everything promotes ghosthand and glitching which really sucks to see.

The second part of this complaint/suggestion is that schematica is not allowed. I was told that schematica is frowned upon on snapcraft because of people making op cannons that will lag the server. This is the stupidest thing I've heard in my life. And just again supports my claim that snapcraft factions promotes glitching into bases, freecam cegging walls, insiding and ghosthanding chests. I think schematica should be allowed but it should be limited to where you cannot print in gigantic farms.

Please let me know what you think.

2. Ashie

Ashie Mod

Ausheh
    Cannoning isn’t against the rules? Schematica isn’t allowed for a reason and it won’t be allowed anytime soon either. You don’t need schematics to build a cannon

3. wopp

wopp Stone Miner

wopp
    Well actually you see, you do. Without schematica it takes ages to make a cannon and you'll most likely be found in the end. But there's no point in adding schematica if soulsand doesn't get fixed. Not a single person on factions actually makes complex cannons for big raids anymore and it sucks. And adding schematica will definitely increase the amount of players who will actually RAID A BASE. I would honestly love it if my faction base got cannoned I'd be so happy that i wouldn't even care about anything I lost. Because it's so insanely rare to see somebody using a cannon.

#3 wopp, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  4. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    I am all for this.

First of all current popular STRICTLY faction servers ( I can give examples if NEED be... ) have soul-sand walls/schematica for a reason. It allows raiding of other players bases to be much easier. Just because I said the word "easier" does not mean it's easy to raid bases though. There are defenses/things a player can do to allow their base to take an excess amount of time to be raided. It's been proven to work on servers that ONLY do factions. If its a popular/relevant thing to do, that has evidence that literally shows the approval from players, then why don't we do it?

Overall. My opinion is a fat +1. Reply to me and quote certain sections if you need to critique my answer. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. wopp

wopp Stone Miner

wopp
    Couldn't agree more.

6. Caprous

Caprous First Step

Caprous
    Mmmmm i casted 'no' because soulsand is not that powerful if you spent enough time researching them and being the no life faction geek that i am. Justtttttt saying.... if anyone here ever tried placing a creeper egg on watered soulsands..... if you tried maybe you will find something interesting...

7. Caprous

Caprous First Step

Caprous
    Been keeping it a secret for a long time now ever since i found them, but i guess you can't expect players to put in the same effort you did and reach the same conclusion...

8. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    That's not the point he is proposing. He is making a point that due to the fact that Schematica is banned he is not able to raid a base with complex cannons. You could argue that you should just build it everytime, but I doubt players that say that truly realize how complex cannons are.

9. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    I will make it so soulsand does not destroy sand.

• Like Like x 2
  10. xMegAxCALx

xMegAxCALx Stone Miner

kfine
    Schematica will never be allowed (as far as i'm aware), there's too many things in that mod in which would cause more problems than it solves, also, schematica comes with combat hacks you might not know about, such as it effects reach and some other client side mods. printing in it's own right makes it pointless to build a base with protection due to people just going on, finding the schematics for a cannon they know nothing about and just using it. i personally think building a cannon by hand learning how it works etc is the best way to become good at factions and also it makes it more enjoyable for me personally, adding schematica takes out the fun of trying to build cannons.

- THE ABOVE MESSAGE IS MY PERSONAL VIEWS ON THIS -

• Like Like x 1
  11. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    Player Counts on big faction servers prove otherwise. Martaan can EASILY make the Printer option on schematica bannable. Players would just like a blueprint ( ghost blocks ) to be able to see where blocks go, instead of having to heavily rely on memory.

12. Caprous

Caprous First Step

Caprous
    Ah i was more of addressing the soulsand issue only since wopp said it's nearly impossible to raid. But regarding schematica i do think it shd be allowed (Not printer tho), just because it's much more convenient to just replicate a cannon that has been tested on another server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Using schemitca to know where to build is allowed. Printing isn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. wopp

wopp Stone Miner

wopp
    Okay thanks for that, I was told by a moderator who wont be named that schematica was not allowed. Period.

15. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    Thanks for clarification. According to the original post, it isn't allowed. Thanks for clearing it up!